The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Multiplying Billiard Balls + Cups and Balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Has anyone ever seen or performed a routine that combines multiplying billiard ball gimmick(s) with a cups and balls routine? It would not be angle proof, and would require a few feet of distance from spectators, but it seems like you could do an amazing routine, once the details were worked out. One possible effect: Hold a ball to the side of a cup, and appear to extract the ball through the sidewall of the cup using the sh***. You could also attempt to push a ball through the top of a cup, and have it appear that it only made it 1/2 way (using the sh***) through the cup.
I'm guessing you would need 1 or 2 sh***s and maybe 1" diameter balls (sponge balls?). The gimmicks would have to fit well since audience is only a few feet away.

Anyone ever tried this? Is it even possible to pull this off?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It sounds possible. If you have all the necessary props, try it and let us know!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
My routine uses Fakini balls. I don't do a shell routine with the cup and ball routine, but merely have a set of 2inch for final loads; and use the small half inch ones as the regular balls. Works out nicely with the Johnson Cups and all.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Sd:
Check out the Finn Jon chop cup routine in Minch's book, Spectacle.
David
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Thanks Dave, Matt and David... Good suggestions. Much appreciated. I'll get busy creating a routine!

SD
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Also, Morrissey Magic manufactures crocheted multiplying balls that are just a hair under 1 3/4". They have an excellent matching shell and look nice. They will work for final loads also for a cups & balls routine.

FC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Multiplying Billiard Balls + Cups and Balls? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL