The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson Ring Leader DVD (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1133 Posts

Profile of APC
Im ordering this soon, hate to shop at penguin, but I need to get Ring Leader and Card Stunts
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, Ring Leader by Greg Wilson is truly entertaining. The magic is eye-poping and you get audiences to participate. This dvd is perhaps the most comprehensive ring and rope video ever. You get the StaggerRing free from PenguinMagic for practice. It does not come with any instruction specficially as to how to use the StaggerRing. I was very glad that I rec'd the plush velvet cord that Greg recommends.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
311 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
Argh.

so there is literally no alternative but to support the Unethical penguins by buying the DVD from them?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1133 Posts

Profile of APC
I know, painful huh?... But I just gotta get my Greg!!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2695 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm confused, is this a real Himber/StaggeRing? or is it just a funny looking ring? I got no instructions on how to open the thing up. Although I can see where it appears to be gaffed(way too obvious looking - a big gap, and segments that are out of line), I don't want to force it and break it. My guess is that PM bought a bunch of quality/control reject rings for a low price, and are now calling them practice rings.

I also got the black shoelace (scheese), a red ribbon, and a Hotrod pen, and no instructions for the ring.

But I got the DVD!, and for just $39.95 less 10%
John
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-12-24 18:47, baskitboy5 wrote:
But I just gotta get my Greg!!

I hear you. I pre-ordered and still waiting!
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1491 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Evolve, some great routines using the himber ring can be found in Roger Klause's book "Roger Klause in Concert" or in Richard Osterlinds Mind Mysteries vol.#1
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1245 Posts

Profile of Jared
I just received the Ring Leader DVD and it's as good as everyone has been saying. However, now I'm on a quest for a suitable plush velvet cord because I really don't care to use a shoelace, ribbon, or standard piece of rope.Can anyone advise where I might be able to find one?

-Jared
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1245 Posts

Profile of Jared
http://www.mendels.com/trims.html

Thanks to Evolve's post, I found it! For those that are interested it is noted above.

-Jared
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1093 Posts

Profile of reese
Ring Leader is the greatest! One of my favorite routines.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I have the video version and agree it is very entertaining, loaded with moves ,tips ,well explained,useable material, sources are credited and a great value for the price. I did notice several cuts/edits in the opening performance of the routine though and would have preferred too see the entire routine unedited to see how he handled the assisting spectators ( the female seemed a wee bit problematic) and also to see how he transistioned from 1 phase to the next without edits. Overall it's great and a real value.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
The moves in this DVD are fantastic! I would have never guessed in a million years the techniques by watching the demo .. something entirely different in what you think he is doing. I enjoy all of Wilson's videos .. very entertaining. I met him when he was here last year at the Garden City magic shop .. great guy!
Godel
View Profile
New user
California
72 Posts

Profile of Godel
Ring Leader is an excellent routine.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Don't despair if you don't get the velvet cord with the DVD. You can always buy velvet cord from most fabric stores or craft sotres. I think that Jo-Anns carries velvet cord. I don't think Michael's does.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
I loved the video when it came out and the cord and the ring. Has anything been added to the dvd?
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
I hope I get to see gregory wilson do it live on wednesday in san francisco.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
The DVD version pales in comparison to the original. The video has been butchered. The edits are choppy and painfully obvious. Wilson mentions parts of the DVD that AREN'T EVEN THERE anymore!

Why would they do such a poor editting job? The routine is still learnable and a great routine. If you can find the original on tape, buy it! But don't go dvd unless you have no alternative.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
In that case I'm glad I have the origional video.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Quote:
On 2006-02-03 17:56, BenSalinas wrote:
The DVD version pales in comparison to the original. The video has been butchered. The edits are choppy and painfully obvious. Wilson mentions parts of the DVD that AREN'T EVEN THERE anymore!

Why would they do such a poor editting job? The routine is still learnable and a great routine. If you can find the original on tape, buy it! But don't go dvd unless you have no alternative.

Ben S

Are you sure that it's not a direct copy of the tape?
Logic Defied
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1902 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I still have my burgundy cord that came with the dvd... I remember Magicsmith used to sell extra cords in black before they were vought out by penguin... I have looked at sooo many fabric shops and they don't have the same cord... the ones that came with the video were the best to work with... it was also great for doing the one handed knot...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson Ring Leader DVD (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL