The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson Ring Leader DVD (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Khayman
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Khayman
Hmm it´s sold out everywere... do you know were to find it?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-05-07 04:19, Khayman wrote:
Hmm it´s sold out everywere... do you know were to find it?

Contact Chris Smith who produced it: Chris@magicsmith.com
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Khayman
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Khayman
I just did! I'm waiting for an answer as we speak.
Thanks for the help so far Smile
Khayman
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Khayman
Quote:

Contact Chris Smith who produced it: Chris@magicsmith.com

This is the answer I got.

---------------------------
Hi Jesper,
Thanks for your email. Penguin Magic bought the rights to Ring Leader in 2003 - so I'd check with them.
---------------------------
So I will contact penguin right now.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jesper, thanks for the update!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Just got the original video with cord and ring off ebay for $9.95 this morning. Check ebay out they come up occasionally
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2006-01-27 18:00, Turk wrote:
Don't despair if you don't get the velvet cord with the DVD. You can always buy velvet cord from most fabric stores or craft sotres. I think that Jo-Anns carries velvet cord. I don't think Michael's does.

Turk is right. I went to Jo-Ann Fabric today at lunch and went to the ribbon section. It is on a spool called Velvet Tubing. Ask for it and you will be able to find it. It is only 2.78 a yard. Plenty cheap!!!
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
They don"t have it at the JoAnns here. They looked at me like I had a horn
growing from my head.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
This looks like it (under Velvet cord):

http://www.mendels.com/trims.shtml
bostonthorn
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of bostonthorn
I found the velvet cord at JoAnns it in the ribbon section
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I made this routine the foundation of a close-up competition routine earlier this year at Magi-Fest, and it was received very well. 2nd place. I love Ring Leader.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Ring leader is all its cracked up to be. It totally kills,Iperformed it at least 30 times at this years Melbourne cup lunch and galla show at Blacktown Workers club around the tables, this routiene never fails to get cheers and gasps.The ring and ribbon supplied are very cheap and nasty so buy your own velvet ribbon and a chunky style ring and you to will be a RING LEADER.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 23:09, Jon Blakeney wrote:
Ring leader is all its cracked up to be. It totally kills,Iperformed it at least 30 times at this years Melbourne cup lunch and galla show at Blacktown Workers club around the tables, this routiene never fails to get cheers and gasps.The ring and ribbon supplied are very cheap and nasty so buy your own velvet ribbon and a chunky style ring and you to will be a RING LEADER.

The velvet purple colored rope that came w/ Ring Leader is a good quality one. I'm using a Himber ring and if my memory served me right, it was a free bonus.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Weird... about a month ago I ordered Ring Leader and received it. However, appparently the velvet cord is no long made so I was supplied withc a grren thin ribbon. Still worked well. Suddenly, out of nowhere, today I get a tiny package from Penguin Magic. Inside was a black velvet cord and a nice looking brass ring. I don't know why, but it happened and it's great! Thank you Penguin!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I wanted to re open this thread to hear about your favorite moves taught on the DVD. I actually received mine not too long ago and so far I am enjoying the "Discrepant Insertion/Fake Take & suicide drop" (although you have to get the right feel for the suicide drop to work). I also really enjoyed "Gold Medal" where you pretend to slide ring off and put it in pocket, tie chord around your neck and apparently toss the ring back on. I also enjoy the move with 2 specs (he doesn't know who to credit) holding each end and the ring melts through the center. My favorite move of the whole DVD is most definitely the "Clifton Ring Move". I do it a bit differently. I have my keychain with a simple clip in my back pocket. When I show the rings "actually" on the string (they touch and examine), I close my fist, have them tie the rope around my fist. I take my keys out of my back pocket saying "Tell you what .. I have my car and house keys here. Both are yours if anything happens to your ring". I have them close it in their fist. I slowly open up my tied up hand and show the ring vanished and tell them they can have my car and house (have them open their hands) and there they see their ring on the keychain. Next, Im getting Deluxe Nest Of Wallets for a nice conclusion. No gimmicks, high quality and easy sleights I hear.

What are some of your fav's?
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
I think Mr. Wilson's work is amazing, I have seen him live & he is really good on controlling a crowd. I have also seen him lecture & that is even better be is a great teacher & a better performer.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4892 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Kjellstrom, thanks for the clip.

I didn't care for it. It just didn't make me go...I want to do that.

I'm sure those that use it are entertaining their audience, which is all that counts.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I couldn't find this at jo annes fabric
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Or Micheals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson Ring Leader DVD (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL