The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card Convention in the UK - anyone going ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I just received an email about this new card magic convention in the UK called 'The Session'. Are any members of the Magic Café going? Hopefully we can have a mini Café meet. Their website is http://www.sessionconvention.com.

Anyone know much more about it - or going already ? I picked up a ticket myself - looks a pretty good lineup!

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
The link is broken, Jamie.

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Not going as the line up is not good enough for my liking. 40£ for a day that is more expensive than international convention and blackpool
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Im going, and can't wait.

Jamie.
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
I'm seriously considering it, but like sleight king said, you can do a whole weekend at blackpool for £65, with international magicians.
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of Erik J
I would love to go there just to meet my friend Tyler, that I so far only have talked to over the internet. The others are great aswell, but my economy isn't Smile
This signature is approved by Erik.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ive booked my ticket as well, booked when they first put the tickets out on special offer
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Wow, if I was in that part of Europe at that particular time- I would go! Kostya Kimlat is very very good. Very personable too. Lee Asher as well. I might just have to hop over there for this one. Sounds like a good convention.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
This convention organiser is most definatly doing it for the money
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hi Sleight King,
Please refrain from making uninformed statements, it really doesn't help anyone out. The organizers of this event are most certainly NOT doing it for the money, they will be pretty much breaking even or even losing a bit on the deal. They are flying out several international magicians, professionally filming the event, limiting the number of registrants, providing food to everyone, etc. etc. etc. They love magic and want to share it with everyone, plain and simple.

The main problem which seems to be appearing in this thread, is that this convention is getting compared to other conventions. Please don't make this mistake, the only thing The Session has in common with other conventions is, well, the word "convention".

The organizers are limiting the number of registrants to a small number to get the feel of a real session. Forget everything you know about conventions, this won't be your typical "Lecturers lecture, spectators spectate", it will be a fully interactive event with some of the best magicians on the planet. The tickets have been selling very fast, so don't be the guy who has to hear how incredible it was from his friends, be the guy making all his friends jealous. This WILL be a sellout.

The official ending time is 7:00pm, but I can personally guarantee The Session will continue long long after that...

Tyler Wilson
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 03:22, sleight king wrote:
This convention organiser is most definatly doing it for the money

So...?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Maybe I will go to this convention. I am thinking of it.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Hi I make no uninformed statements, you convention is more expensive than IBM, Blackpool and International and has fewer well known stars. That is fact. Why wpuld you do a convention if you are going to lose money. Because you are so generous that you want everyone to benefit from great magcians. Yeah yeah. How is it different to other conventions. They are all different.
Of course it will be a sellout. It is limited numbers and no one will rave about how great it is as I have seen all the acts perform before. Yeah they were good but nothing special to rave about. Just my opinion
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
It's impossible that sleight king would have seen all of the acts before - one act in particular will be making their first appearance for magicians and another incredibly rarely performs for magicians.

I hope to see others at the convention - it will be a lot of fun, and as Tyler said, the sessioning will be going on long after the convention finishes!

--Andi
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
I have seen everyone at the convention perform. yes that includes tyler and there is better talent in england. how about do a session with very good close up guys who aren't well known hence will charge a fraction of the price hence you can charge people less. I would prefer to watch unknowns that well known. I think everyone who does magic as long as me would
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ok Sleight King, you have your opinion, you don't want to go, then don't, that's your choice, the rest of us see this as a good opportunity and a fun day out. Its only money, in the UK its like £30 for a magic DVD anyway,then what about all the things from the DVD you just couldn't do, or needed a bit more explaining, for just a couple £ more, you get the spend the whole day with experienced, talented and creative magicians, in a small group, you couldn't ask for anything better
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Yeah I agree with Chris, it should be a lot of fun, I cant wait anyway!

Jamie.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Personally? 40 pounds for a day is waaaaay to much.

that's like $80 US and $120 Canadian....

If you feel its worth it though, go for it and enjoy. Im sure you'll have a great time.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 14:49, Nordatrax wrote:
that's like $80 US and $120 Canadian....

Not really. $68 US and $80 Canadian.

The price also covers two buffet meals for the day. The only other convention I know of to do this charges twice as much as the Session. I also just paid £45 for one day of the International covention, which included 1 lecture, 2 shows and an interview. We have 2 shows, 4 lectures, several short talks, 2 buffets and well, lots of sessioning! Smile

I'm not here to convince you that it's good value though. Those who feel that £40 is a good price will come. Those who don't, won't! Smile

--Andi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Card Convention in the UK - anyone going ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL