The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question about Richard Osterlinds Mind Mysteries (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
I don't have any of these dvds, but I've read great things about them. I do walkaround, closeup at a table, and street magic. My question is, are these suited to that kind of performance? Volume six is the one I'm really looking at, mostly for the spirit writing trick. Any one have a review on that? I do plan on getting all the dvds of the mind mysteries set, buy I guess the real question is, what ones, if any, should I stay away from. I think I fall back on card magic too much, but it's what I do best, so I'm trying to branch out. Thanks in advance for the help.
If the eyes are the window to the soul, you're not going to like the view.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I think I can say honestly that you cannot go wrong with any one of the DVDs - I would wholeheartedly recommend getting every single one.

Volume 2 is solely cards, but it is a superb application (the BCS), and definitely definitely worth learning. Most can be performed in a variety of settings, and is excellent, powerful material.

I cannot speak highly enough of the material, do a search on the Café, as there are plenty of reviews.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Thanks for the info. I did a search, but I can't find much in the way of reviews about mind mysteries 5-7.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
They are called Mind Mysteries Too - that might help!!

Sorry, haven't seen enough of the new ones to review them for you!

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
I've done a lot of searches, and I've tied mind mysteries too, and can find no reviews, but a lot of people are selling them. makes me think they aren't that good, the newer ones anyway.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
They are fantastic. A quick review here (not on the Café, but I am sure that there are come on here):

http://www.jheff.com/Mind_Mysteries_Too.html

Seriously, its an unmissable series!

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 08:54, dead_man wrote:
I've done a lot of searches, and I've tied mind mysteries too, and can find no reviews, but a lot of people are selling them. makes me think they aren't that good, the newer ones anyway.

Well, there's a 12 page thread (yes, 12 pages) about Mind Mysteries Too that begins here but other than than, you're right - there hasn't been much talk about these at all...

Sheeesh....
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:

You're kidding, right????
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:

The add is just as good review as any written by a customer.
What characterizes Richard Osterlind's adds, is that there is no need for reading between the lines or any other suspicions.
The videos are what the add says.

Sven
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
I must say that Mind Mysteries is probably the best series I own. In fact, anything Osterlind touches turns to gold, IMO. If you need further convincing, check out my review on Mind Mysteries Vol. One: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111 I hope you enjoy it and the series.

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Question about Richard Osterlinds Mind Mysteries (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL