The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 'M.D.P' by Euan Bingham (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
In the past few years, I have been purchasing card magic books on a monthly basis, and I do spend a lot of time reading them. One can say that I am not easy to please when it comes to reading card magic literature. However, 'M.D.P', the latest publication by Euan Bingham, makes me far more than pleased, in fact, I am excited by it!!!

The author is a first honour graduate student of the Scottish card school, and he has a reputation for publishing top-notch practical card magic. While it is not a surprise to find some seriously innovative yet practical card moves or routines in Mr. Bingham's publications, I was still surprised by the impact of this ultra strong collection!

The book begins with a couple of refined and new moves, including: palms, half pass, a card production and double turnover; most notable among them is the Rotary Palm, which comes with several applications. One of the applications is called Instant Inversion, and pay attention here, because this is one of most visual things that one could do with a regular pack of cards!!! You can download the performance video clip by visit the following URL:

http://www.magicden.co.uk/instantinversion-EBingham.mpg

As for the routines, they are accomplished in the typical Scottish style, that is, all moves are bring used wisely and economically, on top of that, you will also find many applications of moves strategically interesting. There are two beautifully constructed two card transpositions in the book, the authors handling of the Gambler versus Magician plot is also extremely clever, and for those who are looking for something extraordinary, you should look into 'Slap Dash', which is an absolutely innovative approach to the Card Through Table plot.

The end section of the book is called Workshop, where the author poses two card problems for readers to solve, which makes this book even more inspiring.

For the price of 10 english pounds, you are in for a great treat, I give it my highest recommendation!

Zenneth Kok (Hong Kong's only USPCC sponsored magician)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 'M.D.P' by Euan Bingham (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL