The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Infusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
747 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Exactly... Mr Doomoo must have found another method...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
ImperfectTruth
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ImperfectTruth
Quote:
On 2005-11-30 23:17, Mercury52 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like Williamson's Striking Vanish, but with a glass instead of a wand/stick/pen? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Kevin

THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one as well. That method actually worked for me. I'm not saying that that is how Infusion is done, but that method works and achieves the same effect. The Snapple bottle thing, however, woldn't work with this method. I think the opening is too small... *sigh* I was so depressed when I saw this on the E page. "It melts into the glass..." *sigh*
Magic is what goes on in the minds of your spectators, not your sleight of hand.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2005-12-10 17:24, phedonbilek wrote:
Why "please people"??? If you cannot make a connection between the striking vanish and the move here, then you don't know what's the striking vanish.

Phedon

I am implying by my statement that it is obvious that a version of the Striking Vanish is being used. But in point of fact... I do have an alternate method.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I think Mr. Doomoo meant "It's just the striking vanish, please........", referring to the people making a fuss about it.
Joshua 24:15
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2005-12-11 00:05, ImperfectTruth wrote:
The Snapple bottle thing, however, woldn't work with this method. I think the opening is too small... *sigh*

Not true. I used a plastic water bottle (smaller opening then a Snapple bottle) and a dime - and got it to about a 25% success rate after only about 30 minutes of screwing around with it. With enough practice, I am sure I could get that percentage up. The dime and water bottle looked particularly impressive to me when it worked, because of that small opening. I think it added to the impossibility of it and eliminated the possible guessing of the method - although I might never be able to get the success rate high enough to actually show it to anyone!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
Actually, it's probably more related to an old Ross Bertram effect (published in Ganson's Close-Up Magic...not sure if vol. 1 or vol. 2) than Williamson's Striking Vanish (which was published much later). The Bertram handling is probably better suited for stand-up / parlor situations. But also see the Weber and MAGIC magazine references cited above...

Jason
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
Zeusranger
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Zeusranger
Ok but what is the tricks...!? how is it made !? I'm new here and I don't follow you guys all talkin about it ad if it was obvious. Is there a code of conduct around that or something !? Can somebody let me know.

Thanks Smile

Zeus
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
Yes, it's obvious what's going on. But the key here is subtlties. He makes it look really clean. I wonder if it's just practice or if he has a very special handling of WSV.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
My favorite part is the "Real Person Clip." See this guy do it after only 5 days of practice!!!

I'm making a video. Se me do it.... after only 30 minutes of practice...and I never bought the video..DUM DUM DUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I just need to make some cool graphics and find just the right techno song.

Maybe I will include it as a bonus feature on my DVD of cell phone magic. ;-)
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Even if you know the method, striking vanish and all there are more to the effect than that.
This is still a V E R Y strong effect, remember we perform for laypeople who don't know anything about David Williamson, and most certainly don't know anything about this type of coin vanish.
The product is also great cause it's a perfect starter before Quarter through soda can...
I'm ordering it!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
I am definately not downplaying. It is awesome. I suppose that's why I took the time to practice it. I will definately be using this in conjuntion with Sinful.
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Eirik,

I don't think anyone is knocking the effect. A good effect doesn't mean marketable as it's own seperate item. Especially if already published.

Spectatore cuts the aces is a strong piece of magic. Does that mean it's okay for me to make a DVD featuring an indepth explanation of Gregory Wilson's version?
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Can anyone provide me with a link to this other product you claim is being marketed? Insted of guessing you saw it here or there. Provide me with a link.
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
You haven't been reading the posts eh? No one is guessing. No hearsay here. It was in November 2002 Magic Magazine(http://www.magicmagazine.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=November+2002&search_in_description=1&x=3&y=13 link for you.......). Brad himself has confessed that he is now aware of that article, and that now aware that David Williamson himself has published his S.V. as a coin thru glass in the early 90's.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2005-12-16 10:47, Eirik wrote:
Even if you know the method, striking vanish and all there are more to the effect than that.
This is still a V E R Y strong effect, remember we perform for laypeople who don't know anything about David Williamson, and most certainly don't know anything about this type of coin vanish.
The product is also great cause it's a perfect starter before Quarter through soda can...
I'm ordering it!

-e-

I think I gonna do that too. I like the effect even if I am 99% sure how he did that. but I think he has on his video clip some great details for doing this effect and even it seems for some people very bold, if you are able to perform it like he does and it rocks. and if you are able to eprform it with very small openeings it gets much stronger. for 15 bucks it is ok. oh btw here I have a question: is williamsons type really a vanish? I havnt seen davids vanish or others. I mean isn't it supposed to end up bottled? even if you use anything else it would make a sound wouldnt it? so can it really be used a a vanish for a vanishs sake? or isn't it more a penetration?
where can I learn the s.v. ?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
It's called The Striking Vanish for a reason...it's primarily a vanish even though it has other applications. Can't remember where I learned it, but it might be in the book Williamson's Wonders.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Uhm, guys? The method for the coin in the bottle using Mr. Williamson's move is in Richard's Almanac and goes back to the 1970's. I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I have played with this one for about 18 years. It's a "knack" thing and yes, it works with a Perrier bottle, a plastic water bottle, a beer bottle and even a Guiness bottle with the plastic thingy still inside (but who can tell? The bottle is opaque!).

So, even if the gentleman in the demo came up with a different method (and I have not seen the demo, so I cannot speak to that), the Williamson move method has been around for quite some time. It just proves that if you want to hide something - publish it in a big book of stuff, I guess.

;)

Lee Darrow
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The actual reference is in Kaufman's The Collected Almanac on page 92. Striking Glass by Michael Weber, using the Williamson move. If you have the original magazines, it's in Volume One, Issue 11, July 1983.

My apologies for not having had the reference at hand when I posted last.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6907 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
$15.00 for this? This is a nice quick trick but it uses a well known move among magicians. This is the kind of thing that should be, and apparently was, included in a collection of work.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4452 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I knew I wouldnt be the only other person to spot this, but whilst going through some old magic magazines, I found "Impromptu Glass Penetration" by Dominic Bruzzese. The method is exactly the same and with a little research, I find it strange how this can be released when you can learn it for free in the magazine. It is similar to Symbiose in ways. Not methodology, but an old idea put in print for free, is released to make money. Just saying though, don't want all the agro etc Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Infusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL