The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The extraction by Kymystical magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I recently purchased this killer effect from Kymystical magic. Does anyone have any good story lines for it? I have one I use besides the ones included, I would like to see what someone else has come up with.

Thanx,

Ichazod
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hey Mike!

How is the effect? Could you give me a brief explanation?

Thanks!

Steve Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

A solid crytal materializes in a clear glass full of water.

Ichazod
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
702 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
My first reaction is something to do with the Lady in The Lake….I have to admit it sounds intriguing. How does it look?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

It actually looks quite good,truly magical. The lady of the lake idea sounds interesting, thanx T.C.

Ichazod
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
702 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Of course, it could also be proof that some small bit of magic has survived Atlantis…
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Jack
Wow Ichazod, I've been trying to remember the name of Kymystical Magic for a long time. I once received a catalog from them and I remember the cool stuff it had. I also invented a trick called 'Chopped Up' and was trying to find them because I felt they would be the perfect place for it. So they're still in business huh? Do they have a web site?

Magically, Jack Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Jack
Thanks Ichazod. Man, that website has an annoying popup that really gets in the way (Orbitz travel). Since it's water, you could possibly talk about a nice glass of fresh water for your parched magical mouth (which draws attention to the glass where they see it's just water) and as you yap about whatever (stalling for the crystal to appear), look down and say, " Hey, how did that get in there?!?" Kind of an offbeat unintentional occurance but still a magical occurance. An in-between the magic tricks magic trick.

Magically, Jack Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

The pop ups are annoying, but they do have some cool stuff.One thing about the extraction is that there is a process to making the stone appear,it doesn't just happen.
JaquaiGul
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis
31 Posts

Profile of JaquaiGul
I seem to remember a patter line when the crystal was dark. The lady spectator holds the glass and her dark thoughts are "crystalized" into the water leaving her mind free for creative and positive thought.
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Atlantis idea sounds good.

How about Atlantis being a magical place and that crystals have healing qualities.

The water supposedly comes from Atlantis.

Well what do you know a crystal appears. Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
"a diamond is formed by incredible heat and pressure" you talk about an island forming from what was the deepest part of the ocean- before the underwater volcano formed the island (this as you swirl the glass near a candle) a sympathetic magic representation with the glass of water as the ocean and the candle as the incredible heat...

Or you can talk about an old girl friend...

The heat of your passion and the incredible pressure she put on you to get married FORMED a diamond...
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
With so much going on in The Cafe, this is my first look at this topic. Just a thought. Since you have become interested in the Tarot, may I suggest that you consider the major arcana Key 17, The Star. The card and it’s meaning may well inspire a great story. Remember, one of the divinatory meanings is "The gifts of the Spirit." That could be one of the "stars" picked from the sky of the card is crystalized in the "water of the subconsious" held with the glass vessel, or some such thing.

Maybe you could somehow get that card selected, set the glass of water on it and proceed with your "reading", finally, producing the "gift" of the crystal from the water.

For those who believe, no explanation is needed. For those who do not believe, no explanation is necessary. Dunninger
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thank you Marelli, nice idea!

Smile
dorbolo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dorbolo
Friends,

Regarding Extraction stories: I’d opt for an approach that made the spectator believe that they created the marvel. Force a color on them (color of the resulting gem); lecture a bit on alchemy; then lead them through a ritual by which their thought materializes.

The Philosopher’s Stone a traditional alchemist idea (it was supposed to transmute lead to gold). With Harry Potter, the philosopher’s stone is back in the zeitgeist.

In good spirit,

Jon
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
Just the humble opinion of someone who’s never seen the trick, in my imagination I like the tarot card idea.
vovin
View Profile
Veteran user
Columbus,Oh
338 Posts

Profile of vovin
I vote on the philosophers stone idea. very good concept and you can give them a "switched stone" as a momento.

One question Is this a trick you can perform close-up? I've been thinking of buying it myself but I am not sure it will fit into my style. Smile
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Perhaps a Titanic theme.

The water was recently recoved from inside the hull...and if conditions are right, it tries to resume its former life as an iceberg.
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
I like the Philosophers Stone Idea. Very topical at the Moment
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The extraction by Kymystical magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL