The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Guessing/ 'Divining' ... ehm... bra-size? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Hope this post fits here...anyway:

So this magician from the UK, Paul Zenon, in his special 'Turning tricks', has this sequence/montage thing where he divines the bra-sizes of different girls. Is this a trick? I would love to know how he does it...don't get me wrong, I just think it could be some excellent relief (comedy relief) as a running gag in a high-tension close-up or parlour act.

Does any-one know where he might have come up with this? Or is it just practise?

Aubrey de Wet
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
Maybe he's just a conasseaur of sorts. Smile
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
A mamary swamari.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Spend some time in Victoria's Secret, and get yourself a Swami (boon tip) gimmick.
Just my suggestions...
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
It's a trick - he uses a palm Smile
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Quote:
On 2005-12-06 15:42, taliesin wrote:
It's a trick - he uses a palm Smile

Ba-Dum-Chhhhh! You could pull a "Larry the Cable Guy" and set up a stool with some keychains and guess their age by feeling their breasts. Or in your case, guessing bra size.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I have an effect in the Off-Color Series of Mentalism (also in the new Prisn book) where I mentally devine the measurements of an attractive lady from the audience. Check this month's Genii magazine for how how to order the books.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I have to say ...

Paul Zenon is my favorite magician, above Derren Brown. His bra-size divination is my favorite effect of his or anyone else's. How's it done?

Dunno ... But I discussed it with my girlfriend and she said it was easy to estimate a woman's statistics. I asked her to teach me ... but we never got round to it for some reason...

Still, it is possible that as men, most of us have little or no experience of wearing bra's or understanding their sizes and fittings. It is possible with daily experience, practice, and with a woman's eye, it could actually be quite easy to do this effect. So if anyone gets lessons from their girlfriends on divining/guessing bra sizes and then finds it easy to do, then please let us all know on this thread, so a) we can all get lessons and have a crack at it and b) so we know that we've cracked it!

If anyone ever finds out please PM me. Zenon was not using any swami gimmicks, nothing was written down on camera ... it looked very clean. I dearly wish I could do that effect ...

So in answer, yes I think it could be just practice - developing expert knowledge, perhaps with a little tuition.

PS That was my first post! I hope it was worthwhile(ish)
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
felix501
View Profile
Regular user
Lewes, England
134 Posts

Profile of felix501
Good post!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Okay the size...32...34...36..and so on, is measurement which includes her back to the breast. The more slender a girl is it makes sense that they will have a smaller measurement. Think of waist sizes in perspective, and it will give you an idea if you were to wrap a measuring tape around someone in that area. The cup size is what describes the fullness..or shape. B would be fairly proportioned and round while DD would be quite huge.

There now I've gone and educated you guys on the birds and the bees.

Chrystal
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
How about the famous knicker size devining trick?
I've heard it uses a very tricky finger palm ...........
ELima
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
164 Posts

Profile of ELima
Obviously not 'cold reading'...are we aiming for 'warm reading'?

Expereince helps! One of teh most famous bra-shops in London take pride in knowing the exact number as the customer walks in. Guess it would take some field work to get to that level!
Could you manage to get assistance from friend(s) in the audience if the athmosphere was right?
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Posted by daffydoug in the some corny jokes....it should help! Smile

Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G, and H are the letters used to define bra sizes?

If you have wondered why, but couldn't figure out what the letters stood for, it is about time you became informed!
(A} Almost Boobs...

{B} Barely there.

{C} Can't Complain!

{D} Dang!

{DD} Double dang!

{E} Enormous!

{F} Fake.

{G} Get a Reduction.
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Pkg that rocks. Am reading this for the first time and love it. Gives a whole new dimension to alphabets.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Quote:
On 2005-12-02 15:35, Amir wrote:
Maybe he's just a conasseaur of sorts. Smile

From what I understand that is so far off the mark! Smile
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Just a thought....obviously they only show him when he gets it right. They didn't show the times he messed up. Don't get me wrong, he might not have messed it up, I'm not sure of how he did it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Guessing/ 'Divining' ... ehm... bra-size? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL