The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel "Masterminds" DVD - Self Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
Heads up Folks,

Masterminds - The DVD Series
Volume 2: Self Levitation

NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE "In Stock"

http://cliquemerch.sparkart.com/crissang......h_id=484

"criss angel store"

Who's going to be the first to purchase it, I'll be waiting for a review on this product...

Dan

p.s. hope the link works.... rumor has it Ellusionist will be selling it for $79.00
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
There's already been a few topics on this.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Check out HP, they had a pre-order deal of the same price.

Jeff
jodi6302x
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jodi6302x
I just recieved it in the mail yesterday.
jodi6302x
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jodi6302x
First of all they don't preview mastermind v3 on the dvd. The levitation is a great trick ,but it is hard to make. You can levitate up onto a chair, or on the ground. It is such a great concept. The angles are good and they teach you how to do the levitation if you were preforming on stage. They really go in detail on how to build it and where to get all the stuff. It is a high quaility video. I recommend it highly.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
How are the before and after stuff? How clean are you after wards and can you walk away or turn around and start to perfomr other things without worry.
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
How difficult is it to find the materials? How is the wearability of the gimmick? What kinds of pants work best for this? These were basically the same questions I had for Icarus.

I appreciate your review.
vanilla192
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
94 Posts

Profile of vanilla192
Thanks for the review, I am too wondering,

1. how clean are you befor and after the effect,?
?
2, are the materiels easy to aquire, like, could you get them at home depot?

3. is the effect taught in the video true to the demo?

if you could answer those questions that would be amazing, thankyou.
vanilla192
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
94 Posts

Profile of vanilla192
Oh and one more thing, is it practical in a restaurant setting or is there a lot of set up or stuff to carry around

thanks again
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
NO answer yet AARRGHHH!!!!
Static
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Static
I too am waiting for an answer, I am interested in this effect
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
It would be nice if someone answered at least one of these questions.....but I would prefer all of them answered.
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
Alright everyone, a few magician buddies of mine emailed me and I noticed this thread on the subject, so I figured I'd answer all questions that I could at one place to save us all a lot of time. So here goes!

Questions: "How are the before and after stuff? How clean are you after wards and can you walk away or turn around and start to perfomr other things without worry."

Answer: You are as clean at the end as you were at the beginning. Yes, you can turn around and perform other things, but why? Can you top a close-up levitation? The best bet would be to turn around and walk away.

Questions: "How difficult is it to find the materials? How is the wearability of the gimmick? What kinds of pants work best for this? These were basically the same questions I had for Icarus."

Answer: Not hard at all. In fact, they give you some ideas on where to specifically find the materials you need. The gimmick is idealy worn for the effect only, for a couple of reasons. (costume change is recommended) If you saw Criss perform this, you know the type of clothing that work best for this. The clothing is not something you should go out and buy, you should make it from scratch.

Question: "is the effect taught in the video true to the demo?"

Answer: Yes and no. Angles are very strict, so you cannot do this with people standing/sitting around to the side of you without a lot of misdirection/cover, so to speak. However, if you were standing where the camera man is in the demos, it is exactly true from that angle.

Question: "Oh and one more thing, is it practical in a restaurant setting or is there a lot of set up or stuff to carry around"

Answer: The effect would be tough to perform with many people around. You really need to have them behind you (1 person for example) and you should be about 6 steps in front of them. You can do this with a little wider angles but you must modify the presentation and performance a great deal. There is not a lot to carry around with you. This was meant to be a one-on-one levitation because of angles.

Other comments and questions that are answered:

Overall, this is a well done DVD. I wish some other people out there would put as much time and effort into a product before putting it on the market as Criss and his team have put into their products thus far. A lot was thought out before hand and most of it is included on the DVD, as well as tips, and other ideas to help get your mind flowing into the direction it needs to be - to make it your own and to spark additional ideas.

The gimmick will take some time to construct, and sure, it cannot be done without preparation regarding certain resctrictions on audience control, etc, and is not something you will be running around doing all of the time, and for everyone. If you are just curious, you are going to be highly disappointed. I personally purchased the DVD because I appreciate Criss's hard work and I collect just about anything unusually magical. I knew the method before the purchase, which is why I am not disappointed. Smile

Will I construct the gimmick? Yes, but will modify it a bit, as I believe there is a problem with how it works which would not allow me to perform it very easily as part of a real show without a costume change. (it's possible, but I like to stay on the safe side of things as much as possible)

Is it a great idea? Yes, but truly is just another step forward from previously released material.

Are there disadvantages? Yes, of course there are.

Can you turn all the way around without anyone seeing the gimmick? Yes, you can walk around freely through a room and no one will have a clue unless you draw attention to yourself in a manner that you shouldn't.

Is this easy to construct? Criss used a professional costume designer - what do you think? haha! Seriously, you should be educated on certain tools and even how to sew clothes with a pattern. You will need to fork out more money for various construction materials. Even Criss recommends that you get a little help with it.

If you are determined and a perfectionist, I would vote for getting it.

If you do not have a lot of spare time right now, I would vote for saving your money.

Grade on actual product: A

Grade on practical use: C

Finally, am I now a Mindfreak too? Freakin' right doggie (ha!)
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Thanks Jeff for such a great review!

JZ
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Thank you Jeff for the time to answer all questions: GREAT review!

Paolo Venturini
tonycrew
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of tonycrew
Yeh thanks alot.. I will be getting this DVD as I like criss angel alot.... I want to do this at our xmas party in our house... I will keep everyone in one place for this and perform it sober I hope... Smile
How can i perform magic i have 10 thumbs..?
My wife says i'm addicted to cards and love them more than her... I say no i'm not my Queen of Diamonds you know you'll always be 1st in my Ace of Hearts...
vanilla192
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
94 Posts

Profile of vanilla192
Thanks very much jeff, awseome review, answered all my questions.
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
No problem guys - anytime!
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Does anyone here know how this compares to Icarus?
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Icarus Effect by Aaron Paterson comes with everything you need to assemble the levitation and customize it to your body and clothing, including some very hard-to-find materials. It also has a dvd explaining the assembly process, plus ideas for performance for close-up and on stage.

The levitation that Angel explains on his DVD was created by Jacob Spinney. Angel is selling just the dvd, with no materials for asesembly.

Although both levitations are based upon similar principles, there are significant differences in their design, function and practicality.

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel "Masterminds" DVD - Self Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL