The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel "Masterminds" DVD - Self Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
Thanks for great review Jeff.. I think I'll be purchasing this Item after the holidays..
NYillusionist
View Profile
New user
New York
24 Posts

Profile of NYillusionist
No matter what, these DVD's are flying off of the shelves. Ellusionist is already sold out and it's only been available on the site for a day or two as far as I can tell. I'm definitely going to wait for a couple more reviews before I decide whether or not to pick it up when it comes back in stores though. At the rate these DVD's are selling, everyone but me will know how it's done by the time I buy a copy. LOL. Smile
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
Thanks a bunch, Jeff. I appreciate it. However, I am unclear on something. You say that it wouldn't be practical to wear it without a costume change. However, there's a modification you will be making to it to be able to wear it easily?

Thanks.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I wonder how the sales to the general public are going via Angel's website?

- entity
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I'm sure he will create a few more hobyist's, lets hope he does advertise it to much.

Jeff
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I got my Criss Angel Self-Lev video about two days ago and I have to say that I think that it is great. I am not an owner of Icarus, so I cannot make a comparison. The video is very well put together, the instructions are very precise and the teaching is done well. Bravo to Criss for this great DVD!
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1169 Posts

Profile of APC
Riz, did you make the gimmick yet? How much did it cost you to make if so?
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Baskitboy5: I just started buying bits and pieces here and there and so far I've spent about $60 and I estimate that the rest will cost around $30 or so. The whole rig should cost right around $100.
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
I'm already over the $100 mark myself. Smile
Lord*Of*ILLUZION
View Profile
Regular user
California
119 Posts

Profile of Lord*Of*ILLUZION
I own the Icarus Effect and I was wondering if the Angel version can be examined up close....
"Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies"
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
The Icarus is back up on Hocus Pocus.I wish they would have put it up before I ordered from Hank Lee's.Wednesday will be exactly 4 weeks since I ordered it.4weeks ago when I ordered it, I called Hank Lee's to see why I had,nt gotten my order confirmation they said they were waiting for a shipment in that very week.2 days after that phone call I recieved a letter fom Hank's saying it would ship in 2weeks.Well its been 4 weeks and no Icarus.It would,nt be so bad if they sent me some emails explaining the delay and saying they were sorry for the delay but no more emails from them or nothing.Especially no Icarus.They seemed to have forgot they charged my creditcard 406.00 exactly one month ago.Is this a good buissness practice?Looks like they would want to keep customer's instead of driving them away.This isn't the first time this has happened either.I ordered a 500.00 magicbox made by Keith Arlen Lack.I waited over a month for it and they said upon ordering they HAD it in stock!Never again will I order from Hank Lee's.It's about time I called American Express and dispute the charge Hank Lee put on my card.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Lord of Illusion: You want someone to examine your PANTS?

- entity
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
I have not had any trouble with Hank Lee's in the past. Maybe it's Hank Lee's supplier, I don't know. I haven't ordered anything from them in a while though. If you do a billing dispute by your credit card, be prepared to sign something.

Good luck
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
I'm with entity on this one, sounds like a good idea. Depending on where you are performing I guess. Smile

The version Criss offers should idealy be performed about 5 or 6 steps in front of the person you are performing for (with no spectators at any angle whatsoever).
DAMDAM
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DAMDAM
OK... Now I have been reading a lot of the reviews from here and other sites... I have found that some people are saying it costs about $100.00 to $130.00 to make the so call gimmick... Other people are saying it cost less then $5.00 to make the gimmick..... Is it true that it's doesn't cost as nearly as the creator say it does? I'm trying to see what the actual cost of the illusion will be..

thanks
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I say always assume the worst. So far people have been reporting in the $100-150 range so assume it will cost $150, and revel in it if it only costs you $5.00 (or just less than 150). It won't cost you five dollars, but if it does, all the more power to you.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Both sound very good. I would like to order a levitation too. but I am still waiting for a comparision of both. I hope someone will be able to do it. the problem might be that it is very expensive and they seem to have the same principle. so who wants to buy both levitiations and why?? but unless that you cannot make a good camparison Smile

I really hope we will hear something to it. I saw both levitations so far and I personally stuck to the icarus at the moment. just the feact that the stuff for building it is so rare gives me the impression that it is really quality stuff and you can levitate a step back. for example back to a stair. as far as I have seen so far criss' levitaion cannot "jump" back, just levitate on one point, or not?
I also like the spinning action from the aliun levitation, so I would like to know if it is possible to make a little spin with one of these levitations.

greetings
Jah
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
vanilla192
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Canada
94 Posts

Profile of vanilla192
2 questions,

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/70.html in that video of criss angel levitation, can you really get as high as he's doing in that very last levitation of the video?

how angel sensitive is it compared to say king rising or balducci?

thanks for any answers
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
No, you can't do the last one. Nor can you do the one with the bush. To see the ones that you CAN do, go to http://www.hocus-pocus.com and search for the DVD. There's a demo video of it.

The levitation can only viewed from behind.

I don't have this, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct on that.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Be very clear on this: The levitation seen on that video that is for sale on the Angel DVD is the Jacob Spinney idea, the lift onto a chair at the beginning. The other levitations on that video use other methodologies.

The Spinney lev. that is being sold on the Angel dvd is angle sensative. The people sitting at the sides and behind him in the video had to be stooges, because they saw how the levitation was accomplished.

The materials included with Icarus Effect are indeed top quality and some pieces are very difficult to find. No meterials are included with the Angel DVD.

You cannot spin around with either Levitation, but hey, you can't have everything!

I'm also somewhat dissappointed that Angel is selling his DVD to the general public via his website. I wonder how long it will take for word to get around as it did with the Balducci levitation?

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel "Masterminds" DVD - Self Levitation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL