The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Help with one handed fans please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
It seems that I have not yet aquired the right finger position for a nice one handed fan. I can almost get them perfect with the left hand but the right is lacking. In the Encyclopedia it gives a decent description of where the fingers go but I am still not getting it. I start off with the thumb across the outer end of the deck and with the first and second fingers contacting the back of the deck but I am getting the top inner (upper right) corner of the cards stuck in the thumb crotch. From there the cards are making more of an arc than a circle. Can someone point me to a source that clearly shows the index and middle fingers involvement in the fan? I have XB and a few other flourish vids but this part is not very clearly shown. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Oz
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Please specify what kind of one handed fan you mean, there are several.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 05:34, Harwin wrote:

The fans used in two handed fanning
WICKED
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of WICKED
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 12:28, brokin6 wrote:
Quote:

Rock on!
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 12:55, WICKED wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rock on!

What kind of response is that? I need someone who will help not someone who just posts in order to get his posts up you goof.
doktokaro
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of doktokaro
Hahahahh what WICKED meant is that you're not too clear with your question. There are several one handed fans available on the market, and with the right research, you too, our dear reader, would be able to master one yourself Smile

So what are you waiting for? CALL NOW!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2005-12-03 00:29, brokin6 wrote:
It seems that I have not yet aquired the right finger position for a nice one handed fan.

Quote:

Perhaps be a bit more clear? First you say you want to know finger positions for a nice one handed fan,
then you say the fans used in TWO handed fanning.

Also, I know loads of fans made with 2 hands, and loads of fans made with one hand.
You need to be a lot more precise.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
Ok I apologize then. I guess in my mind it was clear. On the XB video's there is a section on double fans (one in each hand). Jerry teaches them using one fan in each hand but the problem I'm having is with these one handed fans. I have the correct starting position but I keep getting an arc instead of a round fan. I guess my question is that in order to make the fan round what fingers are involved. Is it just the index and middle or do other fingers come into play. Again, I apologize for my comment to wicked as I thought he was just fooling around.
To clarify a little more half of the deck is used for each hand and each hand makes a fan by having the thumb at the top short edge and the fingers are curled behind the packet. The fingers straighten out and a fan is made.
cardfreaky
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of cardfreaky
Ah ok I know what fan you mean. Jerry calls it the rigth-hand-one-hand-blank fan I guess heheheh...
Anyway, since you can do it yourself in your left, you should be able to do it in your rigth hand. Things that can make the difference:
1. finger positioning
2. movement of the fingers
3. movement of the wrist (this can help a LOT, if you move in the correct direction)
4. deck condition, although that should not be a problem because you can do it in the left hand.....

Now look at all these points, doing what you do in your left hand EXACTLY the same in the rigth hand. Don't go too fast, just go nice and slow..... Most of it is practice. I hope this helps.

The Card Freak
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Help with one handed fans please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL