The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Since I can't post yet on locked forum... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dominik
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
143 Posts

Profile of dominik
Quote:
On 2005-12-06 22:08, Paolo Venturini wrote:
Also my ex wife was really a good magician: she used to disappear my money fasten then I produce them, that's why I'm divorced now!

If you gave her that wallet on your photo, no wonder she burnt all your money.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
While there are a few very good female magicians, by and large, most that I see are not. It seems they stop the process after they reach a certain level. This is not to say that they couldn't be great, just that many are not.

Of course, when you look at male magicians you will see the same pattern. And since the sample to draw from, with regards to female magicians, is so small, it stands to reason there will will a smaller contingent of really good ones as well. No big thing.

I enjoy good magic regardless of the sex of the performer and look forward to seeing many more good performances by all.

Kirk
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I met a good female magician at the magic castle. I forget her name but kirkG introduced me to her. He knows all the babes at the castle. She spent most of the time flirting with Kirk instead of me but otherwise ....

She had an interesting name. It was like a regular name with something added on the end.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
We are scheduled to have a female magician lecture for our IBM ring next month I believe.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Fay Presto
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Fay Presto
Right lets clear up some misconceptions!
Chris, thank you for seeking to right the wrongs on this listing, Laura London is a good friend but no relation.

Alex, you just haven't lived have you. I will tell you this, there are some 1200 male members of the Magic Circle, of those, about 50 are employable in todays lay market place. There are maybe 30 female members and of those about 6 are employable. You do the maths!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1287 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Fay,

I may be way off base here but there was an excellent female close up performer that appeared on BBC's excellent series on Magic.She performed the invisible deck,some TT pieces (sorry it was a while ago)I remember thinking that her magic was excellent and the way she interacted with the people was a both a lesson and a joy to watch!The name Fay comes to mind,was this you?Either case world class comes to mind!

Pete
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It does my heart good to see someone bring this old topic up again, because Paolo Venturini the magician who started it is not in the best of health, and reading his thoughts just reminded me of how much Paolo loves women, food, cigars, and magic. I look forward to reading Paolo's wisdom here at the magic Café soon.
GET WELL MY FRIEND
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1287 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Get well soon Paolo!
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
I've readed this post just right now, and I thank you for been in your thoughts...

I still living in Italy, finally "they"'ve probably found the cure of my unknow desease and I'm still fightingh it.
The worst fight is work in Italy, specially in my town Lucca (Tuscany); wonderful city but it's too closed for a street entertainer (people doesn't tip!), and there isn't yet the culture for a strolling or close up magi. Also I've found that Lucca is expensive as NYC, so make 2 + 2...
I've had some help from my friends from Miami and from NY; also SAM made a good contribution to me, and I want to thanks everybody for that!
But living is still tough...

Thanks AL,
thanks Grobbelaar,

Paolo
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1287 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hi Paolo,

Glad to hear your back with us! European countries can be a challenge that there is no doubt!I make my living doing stand up shows in Ireland (Comedy Clubs,Theatres,Corporate before/After Dinner)Very difficult to get a restaurant gig I'd imagine though to be fair I have never tried Smile I just could'nt see that there be a viable market for it.Anyways and more importantly Im glad your back with us Smile

Pete
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Hi guys,

I did try a search on http://www.womeninmagic.com , but it looks like the site doesn't work anymore...

Any news about that?
DJBrenton
View Profile
Regular user
Midlands, England
129 Posts

Profile of DJBrenton
Fay was featured some years ago in a TV special performing at Langan's restaurant. The thing I remember best was her bottle through table routine (better in detail than normal) and also the TT work with a matching false nail on it. For those unfamiliar with Langan's, it's one of the most prestigious gigs in London.

If memory serves me right, she has her own chauffeured Rolls Royce to get from gig to gig.
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
You should see Tina Lenert do magic with a mop for a partner. Pure magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Since I can't post yet on locked forum... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL