The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Showtech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
This question is directed toward those who have experience with the Showtech by Wireless Wizardry.

I purchased the Showtech about a year ago and the volume up/down on the remote started malfunctioning after a few months. The volume down button increments from medium-loud volume to silent with no increment in between. The same for the volume up, with a single press of the button, it goes from silent to medium-loud volume.

So with the remote, you can only play music loud which makes it impossible to do talking with background music.

This happens with both remotes. I tested the remote batteries and they are ok.

The volume up/down buttons on the Showtech don't have this problem, only the remotes.

I sent the Showtech back to Wireless Wizardry for repair and they had it for two months before they sent it back to me saying there is nothing wrong with it.

They said the problem was that I need to record at a higher volume, recommended 200 is what they said. Well I did this and it is still having the same problem.

Any ideas on what can be done to fix this?
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
211 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Hi Mike:

I've owned a ShowTech for 10 years and I use it all the time! When I program the volume of the music on the ShowTech, I set it to the highest at 255 and as far as the volume control on my remote, I'm usually using the volume up feature.

When I record the music on my mini disk I adjust the volume of my output, if I have to talk over a piece of music, I record the music softer onto the disk.

I hope this makes sense.

Any other questions please ask!! BTW: The boys at Wireless Wizzardry are awesome!!!

Cheers,

Robert.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Contact Kerry at Showtech. He will be able to get you in the right direction immediately. He is a great guy and happy to help.

I know a lot of guys that love their Showtechs and others love their control units (ie. VSC) but go to the manufacturer to get the best information always. You don't take a Porsche to a Yugo dealer rights?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Robert - I will try re-recording it at 255 instead of 200 and see what happens. Thanks.

Richard - Please read the original post - I have workded with the manufacturer a great deal already and now need additional help from magicians who use the Showtech.
Mike Perrello
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I'm sorry, my error.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Mike,
I have been using the show tech for many years - in the begining, I used the volume remote - now, like Robert, all my levels are pre recorded on the MD. This comes in very handy when working with a non english speaking crew ! All I need to do is get the initial level on the board and I'm all set. Not too sure if that helps but I thought I might pass along the info. you might not even need the volume remote.
Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
I re-recorded at 255 and there is still an extreme change in volume going up or down.

Steven - I certainly can make changes to my show and how I perform, but I think that after paying $2400 for something, it should work the way it was intended.

The volume control worked very well the first few months I had it. Since Wireless Wizardry found nothing wrong with the device, I am hoping to find out what I am doing wrong and fix it, so I can get my focus back to performing.
Mike Perrello
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I too have been using the showtech for many years now and love it,(I own two of them).

The volume on there is tricky. Roberts and Steven's advice is right.

Also see what your MD player volume is on. If it is all the way up try turning it down a bit on the player itself.

But recording softer will be the best bet for it. I have never had much luck programming the volume in the programming of it. I use the remote a lot to soften the music.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've been using my original ShowTech for about 12 years with absolutely no problems except for the need to have a single chip replaced to repair a problem with the software that deals with the "remote on" feature. I'm sure if you explain in detail to the guys at WW the problem...they've probably seen it before and know what to do. What the other people say is true...if something goes wrong during playback with a ST, it's usually a programming error in recording your music/tracks/show.

Steve T.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
An Idea Mike Raffone

How about swapping your mini disc which is causing concern with somebody else who showtech is OK and use one of theirs in your system.

I would be very happy to do this with you however I'm am in the UK.

Colin
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Ken - I used your suggestion and realized only the top 3 volume increments work, but I also found a work-around.

First I recorded the tracks with both MD and Showtech volumes on max.

On playback during the show, set both the MD and showtech volumes on max and set the Explorer Pro volume at 11 o'clock position.

Since the Showtech volume malfunctions on the 4th increment down from max volume, this solution ensures that the 3rd increment down is pretty quiet and that the 4th increment down is not needed. This setting will work for the birthday party shows which are 90 percent of my shows. For large room, I just set the Explorer Pro to a higher volume.

I am wondering if the Showtech is really suppose to have 3 increments of volume control or if I need to send it back to WW again. I hate to have to go without my sound system for another couple of months.
Mike Perrello
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I have never had that problem with my showtech. I love mine!!!

But, one thing I have noticed, is the volume, and the fade options sound different depending on the song, and where in the song you fade/adjust volume.

Example: If you adjust the volume down at a cresendo of the music, it is going to seem as if there is a delay. Same with the fade option. Conversely, if you fade, or adjust volume down while there is a desendo (sp?) in the music, it is going to sound like it is fading really quickly... make sense.

to quote others, call Kerry... he will help!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Showtech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL