The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » If you feel like giving up, read this first... (75 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Somehow in recent years, defeatism has become the accepted norm amongst many.
Somehow being jaded shows maturity and showing optimism, naivety.

But I rebel, life is a gift and living in relative comfort, a luxury not afforded to most on Earth. I know I am blessed with what I have. Life is too short to wallow in despair.

So I despair against despair. I will not give into despair. I will fight despair when it rears its ugly head.

Never give in. Never give up. Live every day as if it were your last because someday it will be.

Make the most of the time you have now. This is not a dress rehearsal, THIS is your life!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
SiCaff
View Profile
New user
Mellor, UK
5 Posts

Profile of SiCaff
"You try to run but fall again, you get back up, that's living" - From Hollywood Undead, a band that has helped me through many difficult times.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Life might be bad now but it could be worse.

You could be dead. 😉
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It is not who we think we are that holds us back.

It's who we think we are not.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Impossible is not a fact.

It's an opinion.

- Muhammad Ali -
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
All we really have is now.

Now, while you're reading this. 😉
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Thx for everyone encouraging words.

Over the years the hardship my day job as hospital clerical staff... I always remember those slogan from US Troops,'The only easy day was yesterday.'
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2020, Steven Leung wrote:
Thx for everyone encouraging words.

Over the years the hardship my day job as hospital clerical staff... I always remember those slogan from US Troops,'The only easy day was yesterday.'

And may your days forward be filled with peace and happiness.

Life is truly fleeting, this I am sure you know better than most.

May yours be long and full of joy in helping others. ♥
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
The last seven months have been one of my most devastated moment since my previous supervisor retired. The place where I worked all procedures basically turned upside down. I no longer can uphold my ability to serve and help clinical wards which I used to serve due procedure changes they claimed are required. Every day, thought of quitting never leave my mind. In this pandemic situation everybody said it should be blessed for a person who still have a job. I don’t know if that was true or not. One thing is sure, is that my mind and body is in deep stress and I cannot see there is a way out if I continue in this job. Being a parent, sometimes I really have no idea what I should do…

Over the years, many leave the Magic Café, however this is the only place where I keep return, because I saw the beauty, as always ‘Magicians helping magicians.’
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Do the best you can, while you can - look for openings there or someplace else- ask around there,ask someone you respect - PRAY - be patient(my Wife always told me) . Also. as I told our Kids when their Mom (my Wonderful Wife for a Wonderful 63 years) peacefully passed away 10/04/19. Respect "LIFE"-a GIFT, DON'T purposely destroy IT. I know, going through Highs and Deep lows, stress and anxiety - but keep going. You too. P/M me anytime. My Shoulder is here. Ralph (russo)ROUSSEAU
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, Steven Leung wrote:
The last seven months have been one of my most devastated moment since my previous supervisor retired. The place where I worked all procedures basically turned upside down. I no longer can uphold my ability to serve and help clinical wards which I used to serve due procedure changes they claimed are required. Every day, thought of quitting never leave my mind. In this pandemic situation everybody said it should be blessed for a person who still have a job. I don’t know if that was true or not. One thing is sure, is that my mind and body is in deep stress and I cannot see there is a way out if I continue in this job. Being a parent, sometimes I really have no idea what I should do…

Over the years, many leave the Magic Café, however this is the only place where I keep return, because I saw the beauty, as always ‘Magicians helping magicians.’

I hope and pray you're doing better.♥
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Do the best you can with what you know now.

When you know more then do better.

Repeat for as long as you can.

Ships don't sink because of the water around them, ships sink because of the water that gets in them.

Don't let what's happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Strong people don't put others down.

They lift them up.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
If you feel like you don't fit into the world you inherited it is because you were born to help create a new one.

-Ross Caligiuri-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, Russo wrote:
Do the best you can, while you can - look for openings there or someplace else- ask around there,ask someone you respect - PRAY - be patient(my Wife always told me) . Also. as I told our Kids when their Mom (my Wonderful Wife for a Wonderful 63 years) peacefully passed away 10/04/19. Respect "LIFE"-a GIFT, DON'T purposely destroy IT. I know, going through Highs and Deep lows, stress and anxiety - but keep going. You too. P/M me anytime. My Shoulder is here. Ralph (russo)ROUSSEAU

Great post, kawan. Smile

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a very beautiful and caring person.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Kindness is loaning someone your strength instead of reminding them of their weakness.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
“The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”

-Tony Robbins-
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Great to see you still posting here, always supplying buckets of positivity!
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
"Life doesn't happen to you, it happens for you. How do I know this?
I don't, but I'm making sound, and that's the important thing."

- Jim Carrey -
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2023, Pete Legend wrote:
Great to see you still posting here, always supplying buckets of positivity!

Thank you, Pete. You are a Legend, Sir.
And I will always keep on posting here.

Let this be a place where people can come back to, to be inspired and recharge every once in awhile.
I know I do. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » If you feel like giving up, read this first... (75 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL