The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hi! I'm a new Gospel Magician! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Hiya! I figured that since the lil' darling folks are attacking Christians and I had to defend 'em that I'd jump over and become one of you Gospel Magic types. Here is my plan....nothing but Larry Norman music from the seventies in my show. Sound good? I think it is a plan, that way I only upset people who don't like Larry Norman from the seventies and we all know they don't deserve not to be upset. Rock on brothers!
Steve V <---Gospel Guy

Posted: Dec 8, 2005 12:23pm
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel I've found a home...
Steve V
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Steve....sarcasm will get you everywhere.
Welcome to the good news section. Sorry it took almost 19 hours for someone to respond to you.

I assume you are gracious enough to forgive us here?

Welcome again.

Kevin

P.S. Just to be fair...no one has yet responded to your Slydini Silks post yet either...and that's been 21 hours now. I'll make sure the silk guys are taken out to the whipping post.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
You don't count Kevin, you already know who I am.... I guess I expected more from these Mike Warnke with a th*mb tip wannabes.... Hey Kev, nice Winter weather for you eh?
Steve V
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Steve,

Guess I went to the bathroom when you posted, and missed the chance to welcome you here.

I usually read this board 24/7, and look for opportunities to wrap my arms around such wonderful sarcastic comments. But I missed my chance.

So now, I must sit in the padded room and listen to Larry Norman over and over and over again.

Dang it.

RevJohn
P.S. How is MagicTalk?
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Kev, Rev John is now my bestest pal. Magictalk is fine, it's hard being the only Gospel guy there.
Steve V <---what a mess this world is in, I wonder who began it? Don't ask him he's only visiting this planet
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
Quote:
On 2005-12-08 12:56, Living Illusions wrote:
Sorry it took almost 19 hours for someone to respond to you.

Quote:
On 2005-12-08 14:18, RevJohn wrote:
Steve,

Guess I went to the bathroom when you posted, and missed the chance to welcome you here.

Two words of advice for the Rev: Prune Juice!
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Gee Steve it must be nice to be able to sit at the computer and monitor TMC 24/7 Smile .
See we know sarcasms intricacies also.

Welcome over from the dark side into the Light, Those lil' darling folks are an evil bunch. Smile Thanks for defending us, Smile Smile Smile Smile .

But really, It does seem like we are taking flack from many directions at times.

Hope you enjoy this section as much as we do,
and again Smile .

God Bless
Steve(also) Smile

Ps I just love them smileys Smile Smile Smile Smile

PPs Larry Norman's cool Smile

PPPs Sorry for the overdose of Smileys, but I had to make up for no one else using them. Smile
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Well...I've been defending Christianity against the kids show magicians while most are cowering. Don't worry, I'm gonna try to take the horrible Gospel presentations and make 'em work for ya.
Steve V
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Quote:
On 2005-12-09 12:34, Steve V wrote:
Well...I've been defending Christianity against the kids show magicians while most are cowering. Don't worry, I'm gonna try to take the horrible Gospel presentations and make 'em work for ya.
Steve V

Hey Steve

Really thanks for the defense, but it could be that we don't all check all the different areas of the Café. I know that I usually don't have the time that I'd like to for surfing the Café, and didn't know about the (?)attack(?) until you mentioned it. Right or wrong, I put my 2 cents in. I guess we could set up an alert system, if someone sees something that needs answering they could let the others know.

I can assure you, from what I have seen of the people who frequent this section, that no one here was cowering, possibly uninformed(till your post), but not cowering.

To perform at all takes courage, and to perform and promote Christ, especially now-a-days takes some intestinal fortitude. (And a completely different vocabulary than most people are used to, especially us old army types.)(my vocabulary is the same here as it was in the army for almost 15 years, i.e. I didn't use vocabulary I didn't want my Childrens Church kids hearing.)

And about the "horrible Gospel presentations" I don't know about anyone else, but I could sure use the help with mine. By the way Smile , when DID you see me perform Smile Smile Smile ? You seem to know my work.

All said, it is good to have another "Defender of the Faith"/friend in the camp.

God Bless you and yours
Steve G

Posted: Dec 9, 2005 1:02pm
Hey Steve V
You are 2 posts different than me, when did you discover the Café?
I've got to look mine up.
Steve G
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Brooks told me about it when he opened it up. I just didn't get over here until the last couple months. I'm glad you like the Warnke reference, the kids will be puzzled, but that is a good thing.
Steve V
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
It appears (or maybe the correct word is "disappears") that the afore mentioned thread over in "The Little Darlings" has vanished!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Good, it's about time they deleted it (I've not checked).

This is my last post in the "The Good News" section. I posted a very good presentation for you folks and due to my 'off' style of writing it was deleted rather than what the moderator in question didn't like being removed. Your loss, I know the routine. I resign as a Gospel Magician and shall go join the ranks of the heathen magicians, hateful they may be. I fully expect this post to be gone in a few minutes. Thanks, it's been a real joy being with you, my brothers, for a couple days.
Steve V <---former Gospel Magician
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Amazing.

Steve, you are resigning to post in a particular section. Even when there is the slight chance you might ruffle feathers? I would think you wouldn't give up so easily.

Are you reforming? I have seen you go for weeks, perhaps months on MagicTalk, post after post, just to see if you can get a reaction.

Hope to see you around here again. Even if it is as a, "heathen." (where did that word come from anyway?... seriously, I wonder).

About Mike Warkne... anyone read the Cornerstone Magazine about Warnke? Interesting.

RevJohn
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2005-12-10 11:18, Terry Holley wrote:
It appears (or maybe the correct word is "disappears") that the afore mentioned thread over in "The Little Darlings" has vanished!

Terry

Well, I see that it is now reappeared in "The Good News" section. Presto change-o!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
Welcome steve--and I don't know why the devil has all the good music!

Derrick
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2005-12-10 19:48, Terry Holley wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-10 11:18, Terry Holley wrote:

Terry

Well, I see that it is now reappeared in "The Good News" section. Presto change-o!

Terry

What would the title of that thread be? Unless it's obvious and I'm more stupid than usual.

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hi! I'm a new Gospel Magician! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL