The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Showoff" CD manipulation by Eddy Ray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
New video out!! Showing the CD manipulation of"Showoff CD Maniplation" of Eddy Ray. This is all sleight of hand magic, showing vanishes, exchanges, appearences of CD, plus small CD's to large CD's. This stuff is good magic. I am so excited about being able to learn the real work, it will take a lot of practice, but the end results will be worth it.

Finally, someone giving some of the handling. Get it at http://www.stoners.com it is so new it is not on the web site yet so email or call to place an order. It is only $30.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2005-12-08 13:29, wmhegbli wrote:
New video out!! Showing the CD manipulation of"Showoff CD Maniplation" of Eddy Ray. This is all sleight of hand magic, showing vanishes, exchanges, appearences of CD, plus small CD's to large CD's. This stuff is good magic. I am so excited about being able to learn the real work, it will take a lot of practice, but the end results will be worth it.

Finally, someone giving some of the handling. Get it at http://www.stoners.com it is so new it is not on the web site yet so email or call to place an order. It is only $30.

Did a google search and found the website . http://www.eddyraymagic.com
Phantom Magic
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England
15 Posts

Profile of Phantom Magic
Has anyone purchased this DVD? - Is it a CD that is worth investing in?
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2005-12-14 03:26, Phantom Magic wrote:
Has anyone purchased this DVD? - Is it a CD that is worth investing in?

This was in the other thread in Finger/Manipulation.
Quote:
On 2005-12-12 13:02, Steve Oxford wrote:
I just bought the manipulation with CD's by Eddie Ray and have watched it last night. here are my thoughts;
Very well filmed, very good detail in explaining the moves and sleights, the special CD's that you can make up were very well covered, and I liked the easy going style of Eddie Ray.
This DVD covers basic palms, moves, productions, vanishes, changes, growing and shrinking CD's, and a very unique CD case that vanishes visably to change into a CD. This young man is very capable of teaching and is very well spoken, combined with very clear instructions and filming, this is an excellent DVD to learn from.
Now the only down side to me, and this is just my opinion, so it is neither right or wrong-but my opinion....I would have liked to see Eddie Ray perform his entire act as a lead in to the explainations. I have DVD's by others such as Shimada, General Grant, Romane, etc. and it is always good to see a full performance before the act is broken down and taught. Now even though that is my personal feeling, it does not really distract from the material taught here.
This DVD took a lot of time, and energy to do and you can plainly see that this young man has been doing this for some time. I was thrown by the yellow CD changing into a yellow silk and had to stop and go back on that one.
Congradulations to Eddie Ray on a job well done. I would give this a 9. I would have given it a 10 if the performance of the act would have been on it.
S.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I just got my copy and stayed up waaaay too late watching it! Eddy Ray's Showoff with CDs is EXCELLENT!

I've seen Eddy perform live and I was shocked when I saw he had a DVD out. His work is visually stunning, the explanations are very clear, and the moves are unique and extremely well thought out.

There are about 40 different moves explained in great detail, with multiple angles, and tips about tricky moves and angles.

Here's a demo video I found: http://www.magicshopclips.com/showoffwithcds.wmv . You can also find it on http://www.eddyraymagic.com .

Phantom, the DVD is definitely worth the investment. I give it a 9 out of 10. Woulda been a 10 but I was just a little jealous that I didn't think of it first! Smile

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I watched the DVD too. Great DVD. I really enjoyed it. It's something fresh because there are not many sources on CD Manipulation.

Everything is explained in great detail. The CD gimick is soooo great and allows for some wicked magic. The downside is that its use is limited in certain situations. But with the right situations, it's a killer concept. The other techniques taught are also great. Everything is very visual.

I agree that Eddy Ray is a good teacher. I think his performance was omitted from the DVD so that it encourages originality even more and I like that. It makes you think.

I give it a 9 too. Hope more DVDs of this type come along.
Yours,

Ivan
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
It says on the demo vid "with any CD", yet above Steve Oxford mentions making up 'special' CDs. I assume most sleights work with any CD and some require a 'special' one. How hard is it to make these required CDs?

Thanks

Adam
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Adam,
It's REALLY easy! It costs just a few dollars (like less then $5) and it's only for a couple of the 40 different moves taught. The moves with normal CDs are killer!

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The construction of the CD gimmick is peanuts, but allows for some cool visual magic, like anything with the same concept. This will make sense when you see it.
Yours,

Ivan
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Excellent. I've ordered a DVD from Eddy.
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I got this DVD 2 weeks ago and it is very good. The explaniations are very good, clear and easy to understand. Lots of useful moves, well put together.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Just got the CD and was very impressed with it. What I liked about the CD is Eddy Ray's teaching style...it gives you more than one view (ie front, side, and back). He explains it so well that even someone like me (who gets very frustrated when trying to learn new effects) gets it.

I give it a 9 also. Worth the price.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Agreed. Mine arrived today..Eddy shipped it pretty fast to the UK. Excellent moves and teaching.

Well worth it.

Adam
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is this "jacket wearing" stuff?... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Mine is on the way, gentlemen. I will be sure to post a review when I get the chance.

FC
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
FC Preacher you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On 2006-01-25 16:58, joseph wrote:
Is this "jacket wearing" stuff?... Smile ..

For any manipulation act, a jacket is a plus for steals, although you could use a table too. Depends on your act.
Yours,

Ivan
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Indeed, I am not disappointed with the DVD. I am a manipulation fiend and this suits me quite well. At first I thought, "Nothing new. I may have to pass this one along." But about half way through I sat up and took notice. He uses an excellent magic principle (PLEASE, LET'S NOT DISCLOSE THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM - ANYONE INTERESTED SHOULD PURCHASE THE DVD AND SUPPORT EDDY) that makes his manipulations look amazing. I feel like a dope not thinking of this myself earlier. I suppose that is the benefit of learning from others.

I would have liked to see Mr. Ray's manipulation routine. That would have added a nice touch to the DVD and would have made it, in my opinion, complete.

The moves are well taught. The quality of the dvd is good. The quality of the magic is very good.

I try not to support Magic Makers in their rip offs (copying the ideas of others), but as far as I know this is no rip off.

The DVD gets the Forrest Chapman A-. Well done, Eddy.

FC
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I have small hands...

Can I still do it sucessfully?
In love with magic!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-03-03 10:04, HiraseMagic wrote:
I have small hands...

Can I still do it sucessfully?

There is no way anyone can answer this question for you. How small is small hands! If you think you can conceal a CD in your hand, make the investment and learn something new.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Showoff" CD manipulation by Eddy Ray (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL