The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper Silver Brass? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Hi! I own Copper, Silver, Brass with a lousy routine. Routine consists of making a switch in the pocket, and then at the end again (you who know c-s-b understand). I'm not satisfied, to much running to the pockets, doesn't feel good. I wonder, any suggestions on good routines for this? I'm thinking of buying D. Roth's 3 tapes, is it on any one of these?

I also wonder, I saw a routine on JBTV http://www.jbtv.co.uk Are they really using the ordinary set? Please help, have paid a lot, but don't get anything out of it!

Anyone who can give me a hint of a good routine (or even scematical point it out for me, since buying a book for just one trick seems a bit... unnecessery)..

Thanks, Hĺkan
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
John Bannon's "Smoke and Mirrors" has a good routine. James Lewis has a good routine on his video "Million-Dollar Mysteries", but I think the video is unavailable these days.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Paul Green's "In the Trenches" DVD has the best answer I've seen.

Later.....
Steve

PS I also seem to recall Ken Brooke did some work with the 2C/1S, but can't seem to put my hands on it now.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Look for Doc Eason's "The Old 3 Coin Trick" on one of his bar magic videos.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
I'm going to have to go with John Bannon's Aztec-Orient Express.

Doc's routine is cool too, but I don't do the last part where you show the extra coins, I think it takes away from the effect.

Reed McClintock's 3 with csb is way freaking cool too.

I'm sure if you carry and mess with the coins enough you will run into your own ideas.
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
The best I've seen is Cody Fishers CSB,from his Unforgettable Coin magic video. Theres a few other great routines on the video,and it only runs about $20.
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
David Roth performs the copper silver brass routine on his DVD "Ultimate Coin Magic Collection" volume one. His DVD teaches routines using gaffed coins including copper/silver, csb, and shells. His routine does use the pocket.
Gary
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The routine that Roth performs is the standard Sheets/Wagner routine that usually comes written up with the coin set.
Click to visit:
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
I would be interested in your preferences in the two different Copper, Silver, Brass sets. The set Johnson makes (as used in James Lewis' routine) vs. the original Eddie Gibson post coin set (as used in the Ken Brooke routine).

I have both, but since the post set was available first, that was the set I used for all those past years, so it is my preference only due to the familiarity I had grown to have due to using it.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Geoff Latta and Bob Kohler have published C/S/B routines that do not use the gimmick but instead another more simple gimmick.
I've been toying for the last few weeks with this and it is both magical as intriguing(in manners of experimenting different methods for the same effect).
Anyone of you tried these routines?

BTW I own a Todd Lassen CSB set which makes me drool every time I take it out of it's purse. It is SO beautiful Smile

The Chinese Bit from Eddie Gibson is also interesting (Am I mistaken that this set is not too widely known in the US?), since the nested gimmick can be shown on both sides. Just like in the 2C-1S sets.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have Lots of Routines for it in my Books It's
one of my top 5 gaffs!

Best, David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
You might be interested in my routine, "Pouched CSB" which never goes to the pocket at all and everything is done right under the audience's noses without their knowledge. It's in Great Scott! It's Coin Magic!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I must agree with Dan that Bob Kohler's routine is very interesting, although using three different coins, it doesn't use the CSB set.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Latta's routine and Kohler's adaptation is incredibly constructed. My money is on Jim Lewis' "foreign exchange", however. It is relatively short, extremely visual and is wonderfully routined to provide maximum impact on a lay audience. It won't fool many magicians who are familiar with the set (unlike Latta's, which will fool magicians and laypeople, but is a tad less visual), but who cares.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
I have noticed that there are different styles, and maybe qualities of copper, silver, brass sets offered at different dealer sites.
Are some better than others? And which do you recommend buying, and which to stay away from.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks CardMaker.

Steve
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
The BEST C/S/B routine I've seen is Christian Chelman's on his video from International Magic. It is NOT taught but is demonstrated - you'll be able to figure it out if you are familiar with the gaff. It is taught (in French) on the video Christian Chelman Seminaire (Paris, 1995) by Joker Magic in France. This routine compromises of ideas of Bannon, Lewis, etc.

Tim Trono
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The hands down best coin routine using a 2C/1S (I know you have the brass, however, this can be adapted) is Gary Kurtz, Trio in Three (on video tape). I actually think this is one of the top 10 best coin tricks ever created. The routining is spectacular. The ending sequence smacks the spectators up-side the head, while simultaneously switching out the gaff coins. Unbelievable.
John Kokot
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of John Kokot
For a partial bibliography of C/S/B routines and additional suggestions, please see the January 15, 2003, "Copper/Silver/Brass" post on "Show Me the Money."
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
258 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
I would have to go with Cody Fishers Real World CSB routine...it slays spectators and ends with the coins examinable which isn't common in most CSB routines

Smile Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
If you have the money to spend, you seriously have to check out Todd Lassen's Website and look at his different CSB sets. He has a new one coming out that I am most likely going to pick up using a Morgan Dollar, and Dragon Coin.

Check out his site at:
http://hometown.aol.com/klarentz/index.html

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper Silver Brass? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL