The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Sweet guys we got another forum! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Awesome. The bizarre magicians claim another forum! Im glad that storytelling magic is catching on.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
No secret session though...gotta pump up the doze on that voodoo doll!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Not just for the bazzare magicians. It's a good art that gives milage to any effect. Better than just saying "now for my next trick".

Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
If we are all chatting in a room, why would we leave it and go somewhere else? Is it a better room? I'm not being funny. I really love this place. Motivate me as to why I need to go somewhere else to talk to the same people.

Wouldn't it be a better idead to stay here in this corner of the street knowing that it's 'here' where 'we' meet?
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If we had something in Secret Sessions, we could be more specific as to how things are done. The fact that we never initiat posts in that section of the forum makes me feel that we don't really care about the secrets.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmm.. maybe we care more about the story construction and patters and angles - the tricks themselves often fall under other categories in the Café... we storyteller/bizarrists figure out how to present it to the max in whatever evokation we choose?!?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The most important thing about magical storytelling is that the magic and the story must blend. The story must be an excellent story, told well. The magic must also be excellent magic, performed well. If you ignore either half of this, then you are missing part of the equation.

The timing of the magic in the story cannot be explained adequately, in many cases, unless you can tip methods at the proper point or in the proper manner.

Now there's nothing wrong with giving the story and what happens in this section and explaining the methods in other sections, but it's really more convenient to do it in a single post. There's no one in this thread who isn't qualified to go into the secret sessions.

And why shouldn't there be secrets in our stories, anyway?

For example, I could have posted several ways of selecting a proper key for the haunted key effect, but not without giving the method away. You might think "Well, everyone knows how the Haunted Key works." I don't think so. There was one post that indicated that the poster didn't have any idea how it worked. I'm not going to tip the method on an open forum.

The secrets are the other half of what we do.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Sweet guys we got another forum! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL