The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Shocking device & Mindreading. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
452 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Is there a device that you can buy where you can touch somebody with your fingertip and it shocks them? I have been into street magic for some years now and I want to bring it to the next level....Mindreading the only problem is I don't know where to start. I don't want to do the classic star, wavy line card mindreading. I learn how to do the pure mindreading. I was wondering if somebody could point me in a direction on where to start. Maybe a dvd or book will do.
Thank you so much
Chris
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
For mind reading there are many books and DVDs. Go the PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS forum for the best advice.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Would you PLEASE define "pure mindreading", I hope it isn't what I think it is...
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Yeo, you are not in the correct forum. to your shocking thing: hocus pocus relased such a thing for quite a price. and yigal m. will offer a similar adice too. there is already a thread about it.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Shadowrunner
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Shadowrunner
Yes, Yigal Mesika has just released something commercial, though there are other ways of doing this. Luke Jermay has a similar ideas in his material which are suitable for mindreading effects. Worth a look, particularly if you are doing anything impromtu where you don't know if the spectator has a condition that an electric shock really wouldn't help...
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
The next step of street magic is mindreading?!

really?!
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
The two ideas on shocks from Yigal ang HP have been talked about before on the Café, do a search for them. The mind reading wouldn't be so next level me thinks but hey what do I know.

Jeff
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Hiphopperco
"Shocking" would be the device you are looking for, check out hocus pocus website.
For the second part of your post where you wanna mind-read, listen my friend this is not street magic, if you are serious about it for God sake don't perform until you are familiar with the whole subject, and I don't think it will work as Street Magic, these are not card tricks anymore. If you want to start with Mentalism please browse the Café and you will find tons of answers to your questions in the "penny for your thoughts" forum.
Good luck in your search,
Doron.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sfarad,
Check out Whit Haydn's book on Street Magic. He has a great mentalism piece in there for walk around work.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Has anyone used "shocking"..... It sounds GREAT!
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Dave VanVranken
I do not use mentalism for street magic there enough card routines and coins to keep me up for years, mentalism I leave for my shows.If I get stucked or bored I do anykind of tear or peek and it's just fab.
T-RAY
Shocking is like a dream come true, with the right presentation people will freak out, of course if you tell them you are made out of electricity it will be suspicious hehe. But amazing device. Earn money and get it, very recommended.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok what is PURE MINDREADING I am still curious
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
You are in the worng section this same conversation is being debated in the "Tricks and Effects" Section... "Electric Touch" go give a read.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Shocking device & Mindreading. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL