The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Supreme Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zappo
View Profile
New user
Concord. CA
6 Posts

Profile of zappo
Supreme made some great ... packs flat, plays big magic for Kids Show performers. One of the pieces I used to have was called Popsy Pegs. I noticed when I googled the name of that old effect that some people posted it as the worst magic effect they ever bought on another magic forum bulletin board. I guess, like lots of other magic props, presentation is everything. Kids I worked for invariably roared with laughter as spring clothes pins popped off a wooden frame, one by one, seemingly all by themselves. Ultimately, the last pin remaining matched the color of the card selected by the spectator. Does anyone know where I can pick up one of these vintage "old standbys"? Mine was lost when a bag of props was stolen out of the back of my locked truck. I am relatively sure that nobody is making it now. (Side bar -- can you imagine the surprise of the thief who found Popsy Pegs, a Crystal Silk Cylinder, a hand full of 12 inch silks which aren't even big enough to use as a pocket square and an arrow card that turns into a picture of a policeman. I am sure the items were tossed away, but at least the thief wasn't breaking into someone else's vehicle taking valuables while he was wasting time stealing magic props from mine which he couldn't possibly use or even understand. Poetic justice, I guess.)
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I've recently come across a couple of what appear to be cheap imported efforts to duplicate this effect on e-bay, but for some reason these did not have the Massey-type stand and the color cards..doesn't make sense?!
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2005-12-12 21:16, zappo wrote:
Supreme made some great ... packs flat, plays big magic for Kids Show performers. One of the pieces I used to have was called Popsy Pegs. I noticed when I googled the name of that old effect that some people posted it as the worst magic effect they ever bought on another magic forum bulletin board. I guess, like lots of other magic props, presentation is everything. Kids I worked for invariably roared with laughter as spring clothes pins popped off a wooden frame, one by one, seemingly all by themselves. Ultimately, the last pin remaining matched the color of the card selected by the spectator. Does anyone know where I can pick up one of these vintage "old standbys"? Mine was lost when a bag of props was stolen out of the back of my locked truck. I am relatively sure that nobody is making it now. (Side bar -- can you imagine the surprise of the thief who found Popsy Pegs, a Crystal Silk Cylinder, a hand full of 12 inch silks which aren't even big enough to use as a pocket square and an arrow card that turns into a picture of a policeman. I am sure the items were tossed away, but at least the thief wasn't breaking into someone else's vehicle taking valuables while he was wasting time stealing magic props from mine which he couldn't possibly use or even understand. Poetic justice, I guess.)

Hi Zappo.
Sorry to hear of your loss (Popsy Pegs)
I too have the original Supreme version. I use it a lot in my kid show. As you said, if done right, it a laugh a minute.
Mine is rigged up with a remote movement gadget at the back, so that the last peg flies off on it own. The kids can see the peg wiggling before it happens.
If you are able to get a replacement--here is a tip with the ribbons--glue one end of the ribbons to the lip of each peg. This prevent the ribbons to detached from the pegs.
Richard Lyn
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Richard & Zappo

Another tip with the ribbons> just pull the ribbon up a little beyond the frame so more of it goes into the clip. This way the ribbon gets caught by the jaws of the clip and you can still pack the ribbon flat after the show so it looks "pressed" for your next performance.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I loved Supreme Magic, in fact I still have one of their Deluxe Wallets along with a few years worth of Magigram. Everything I ever odered from Supreme was top notch and performed just as described. In fact you got really spoiled becuase everything was always high quality and useable. Anyone have any idea who owns the rights to all of the Supreme items?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Supreme Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL