We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » 2,4,U. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Those of you close to me would have been aware of my easing off from the full time escape act to that of a part timer.

The original idea was that 2006 was to be a year of lazyness for me with travel and a sponsored book to be completed !!! As is usual sod`s law has changed everything with another full season booked (In a slightly different direction)So my plans and leisure are on hold.

Many years ago I came up with a version of the Topit (I called this a Koppit)Which was published in Magic Mag, way back now,,,, years later this was put out by another and is now sold ad hock (This was proberly a matter of like minds !!!, Maybe!!!).

There are a couple of currant ideas that I intended to put in the book,,one was original to me (For over the past 15 years) The other is my adaption to a new cuff idea, which I feel is required to safeguard the cuffs secret, (The Cuff in question is put out by that fine firm of Cannons and I think is a brainchild of Mr Burrell).

So a couple of ideas for you to use,,,,the workers among you will jump on these.

1) The Cavity Cuff.
A really great idea and well made,,,But!
Having used this for many shows over the past season I have found that if left in the speckies hands for too long their natural fiddleing can result in the wrong kind of exposure (Those of you who have the Cuff will know what I meen) To stop this dead >>> Fix 4 of the small strong magnets used by magicians facing pole to pole,this can be a problem when lining them up so the easiest way is to polorise the magnets first,super glue both topside and bottom before assembling the cuff,,when dry you will find the separation will be a lot safer and the magnets in perfect aline.

2)I love the Melt Thru cuffs and have come up with a cameo I use a lot,,Cuffs thro my neck, speckies neck also used with hoops and a dowel for a thumbtie type routine.
The main problem was to toss the cuffs out after the set,,,this meant a switch which I used to do via a paper bag left on the speckies lap (Cuffs switched undercover of the bag, which held a gen set,,bag with gaff set screwed up and tossed behind me onstage) My routine ends by putting the speckie into the proper cuffs and leaving them there for the rest of the show (I use this scenario as a running gag)It works fine for me.

I developed a method for the visual switching of a key for solid ring in my street Linking ring routine which I worked back in the 60`s.
The gaffs were fixed under my waistcoat in the small of the back and by passing a ring behind me and ditching and picking up the other ring I was able to take out or bring into play the key ring,,,this was a very powerful piece in a ring routine and Freddy Kaps among other top notchers could not catch it. I still use the same method today but my original gims were made on the kitchen table so not a pretty site but worked great just the same.

Recently a pro set of these gaffs have come on the market,they are far superior to my kitchen job but do exactly the same.
Get them, they are worth their wieght in gold.Switches,ditches and productions can be made, anywhere, in shirt sleeves,, nothing to set each time they are always ready.
This principal is the one I use to switch cuffs openly, also to gain shims,picks etc under performance conditions. For close up switching of gaffs with good misdirection you will never get caught.
I have no idea who the credit for this idea has gone to,,, maybe another thinking of great minds twenty years down the line again.
The gaffs go under the posh name of Black Hole (By P Loughran) Yes I purchased these as I could not possibly make them to this standard myself.

Have fun.
Ken.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
Having seen Ken's paper bag switch - maybe I should say having NOT seen Ken's paper bag switch - I can vouch for it's effectiveness.

It wasn't until the paper bag hit me on the head....

Seriously - I completely missed it. Very good.

Riley
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
With regard to the cavity cuff, I have been using this method (magnets) for over a year now and I have to say don't give them to anyone who may have something that can be attracted to a magnet or leave them on a table with the key as it will stick to the cuff.

Just my two peneth.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Quite right Weas also people with hearing aids could start picking up Radio One if they got close enough.
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Pardon...... lol
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
Ah...so that's whats doing it . .
la9
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of la9
Great info Ken, I put it in my notes I'm keeping, Thanks Brother
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Your welcome,,,as you can see Kondini`s wonderful elixior which cures all, including blind,bleeding,itching and protuding piles has given Weas a new lease of life (See his pic) Now working to remove the shades (A very difficult operation !).

Ken.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
939 Posts

Profile of Riley
No shades Ken - he just needs a few early nights Smile

(sorry Dan, couldn't resist it!!)

Riley
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Kondini's "Cure All" Elixior

Does it cure B***S*** as I think you could sell a lot of it here. lol
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sorry to wake you up Dan,,, nice to see your out of Jail !! LOL
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Just in case anyone thinks this is serious,

My last comment was a joke about certain people who post on the Café and not directed at anyone on this thread.

Got to go and slop out now.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes I think it`s serious,,, stop hideing behind those shades you **********
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Serious is it...? How serious... ?

I have always find it easy to ignore messages from certain people. Just scan past them.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thought I had better clear this up,,,the banter between us all here is just fun. The UK sense of humour being far superior to anywhere else on the planet has to be understood to be accepted OK.

Ken
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
See.. its easy, just like I scanned past Kens just then Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Well most of us in the UK have a sense of fun,,except that Strait guy !!! LOL
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hey who are you calling straight... oh... yeah... I geddit Smile

Sing it with me Ken... Y M C A!

My Website
Add me on facebook
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
While I prefer the UK sense of humor to the american style, I wouldn't call it "superior".

The UK is a fairly flat place, most of it. Sussex, especially, I've heard.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 20:06, Harley Newman wrote:
The UK is a fairly flat place, most of it. Sussex, especially, I've heard.

that's why Ken lives here, he has difficulty walking up hills these days!

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » 2,4,U. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL