The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crushed & Cured Cola DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
Does any have a review/opinion on this dvd from magicmakers? Crushed & Cured Cola DVD.(http://www.magicmakersinc.com/CrushedandCured.html)
and if possible also on Bill in Kiwi with Carl Cloutier (2 DVD set)

Greetz
Zwevie
If anyone likes to discuss on msn, add me greetz
zwevie@hotmail.com
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Yup. I do. Don't buy Crushed & Cured Cola. It's a complete rip-off of Healed and Sealed Soda by Anders Moden. Buy it from Anders who is a member on these boards.

Get it here:
http://www.healedandsealed.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Follow in flames' suggestion.
Unfortunately I'v seen many bad rip off's, Crushed & Cured Cola is probably the worst of them all...
Go for the source, I's a shocker!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I was always surprised at Rob Stiff's audacity in the marketing of that one. Making blatant lies about the effect to justify his selling it.

Defintetly go with Moden. The booklet from him includes much more than the ripped off dvd even touches.
Joshua 24:15
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
Allright thanks, but does the effect work close-up? What are good and bad things about this effect?
greetz
Zwevie
zwevie@hotmail.com
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
The good thinks are,
is an amazing efect
The preparation is so simple
could be performed in close up situations considering that the can is not borrowed from the spectator.
The efect is a reputation maker
The explanation comes with photos, and in deep detail
The efect is very cheap and I could pay more than the actual cost.
Bad things.
Is not impromptu
Yu need to try a few times before you feel comfortable with the effect
I highly recommed you this amazing piece of magic.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Don't waste money like I did on this-and I wouldnt recommend Healed and Sealed either-both have tedious set up for only 1 performance. I would go with the Trick Sinful from Masterminds Vol 2.

Lance
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
barnos
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
59 Posts

Profile of barnos
The setup literally takes 60 seconds... it's finding the opportunity to perform which is slightly more difficult. You won't be able to whip this out and do it 'at will' but it's certainly worth the effort if you get round to it. I've recieved some amazing reactions to this. Just a word of advice - if you do decide to get it, buy Healed and Sealed. It's the proper thing to do.

Some people have mentioned this already, it has its pros and cons, but you could do Healed and Sealed after Sinful (from Masterminds Vol 1 Smile ) or even Fizz Master. You'd need a switch but theoretically you could do a can themed act all night... or even forever....
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I performed Healed and Sealed at a party about 3 years ago, along with a few other effects. A few weeks ago some people I didn't recongize stopped me at the local mall and said "Hey, you're the guy at that party we were at that refilled the empty beer can."

That's the kind of impact Healed and Sealed can have on people. I'm sure they don't remember anything else I did that night, but three years later they remember the beer can that refilled itself.

And, by all means, get the original.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Healed and Sealed is without a doubt one of the stronges routines you can get for less than $10.
It's as mentioned not impromptu, but with the right prep it will seem impromptu to your audience.
Get the manuscript from Modèn and learn the routine, after you practiced it a couple of times be sure to do a search here at the cafè, there are several threads with tips and alternatives..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
Thanks, I am convinced. Do I need to buy extra props to perform the effect?
zwevie@hotmail.com
Maky
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Maky
No you don't. Only thing you need to buy is the can. For the setup you need couple of things but nothing you don't have allready.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Buy Healed and Sealed or try to get Tim Ellis' lecture notes: I believe its in the one titled: Living next door to Tim Ellis. Or something like that.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Yup, and on his DVD you'll see a routine of healed and sealed that's also fantastic!
Logic Defied
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Buy Healed and Sealed or try to get Tim Ellis' lecture notes: I believe its in the one titled: Living next door to Tim Ellis. Or something like that.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Sorry for the double post
I agree the Tim Ellis' routine rocks, I first learned this trick from one of his lectures, well before Blaine put it on TV.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1136 Posts

Profile of APC
I need to pick this up after the To buy list for like 2 years,,,i hope I get around to it Smile
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
I have no idea why its doing that
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17028 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have Healed & Sealed, but have not tried it....Maybe I should play with this ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magicmanst
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
19 Posts

Profile of magicmanst
Healed and Sealed is an amazing follow up to fizz master. Whenever I'm performing an outdoor show, the combo always makes it in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crushed & Cured Cola DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL