The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pa music problems, help!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
I have a sekaku which is a small lecture PA sold by florida magic! I am trying to use my ipod shuffle to have some background music while setting up etc.
the pa has an input for tape deck, cd whatever! when I plug my ipod in it cuts out, almost sounds like it is skipping, it works fine with headphones on but once plugged into the pa it keeps cutting out! I thought it was the cable connecting the pa to the ipod but I just bought a new one and it does the same thing! any ideas?
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
How close to the speaker is your shuffle keep in mind the magnet on a speaker could ruin your ipod

I use an IPOD MINI with my PA the cable I use splits 1/8" to 2 RCA
I also use an air click remote to trigger my show playlist all works fine

Topper
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
You may want to disassemble your speaker and check the wiring from the input RCA's to the pre-amp.

Does the skipping happen with a mic plugged into the mic input, or only the RCA input?

If it happens with both your pre-amp, amp, or speaker connections would be suspect, but if it only happens with your RCA or 1/8 input, then you might want to try plugging a regular CD player of cassette player into that same input and see if it happens with another source device. If it does, then your wiring inside the speaker needs examining.
If it only happens with the iPod, and you've replaced all the cables, then perhaps the output of your iPod is overloading the input to the speaker, and you are activating some sort of built in limiter function in the speaker, designed to prevent overloads.
The iPod output is quite hot from the headphone jack, so you would probably want to use the multi pin out on the bottom of the iPod.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
The last idea is good but check you manual first because by opening the speaker unit you may be voiding your warenty!!! Another way to test the RCA input is to try a tape player or CD player on the same cable with the same inputs if you have the same problem contact you speaker manufacturer.

If the problem is not there you know its in the iPod. When useing an ipod to a PA system you should set your volume at about 80%. I'm not sure about the shuffle but my iPod will pause when the cable is unpluged or removed. Not sure if that woulf effect anything but who knows.

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
You may try to PM the magic roadie . he is a wealth of information and would probably be able to trouble shoot this prob for ya ..
all the best
john
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pa music problems, help!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL