The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Care of hands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5763 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-12-17 11:38, rogueclown wrote:
My wife told me that udder cream is supposed to work well. Has anyone heard of this before?

My aunt and uncle used to use Bag Balm - probably the same thing. It can be found at stores that sell farming supplies.
wcz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of wcz
Udder lotion is readily available. ig sells under the name "Bag Balm"
I use it every night, it works for me
w
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
143 Posts

Profile of lekin
Gary Ouellet offered a formula in Close Up Illusions: Equal parts Rose water, glycerine, and rubbing alcohol
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2774 Posts

Profile of John Long
For coin work many common hand creams are greasy and will prevent a classic palm. I found Ultra Mide 25 (order thru a pharmacy)to be very moisturizing, without being greasy/slippery for coins.

For cards, I find Sortwik (in Staples or Office Depot?) on the finger tips to be helpfull.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Gary Ouellet offered a formula in Close Up Illusions: Equal parts Rose water, glycerine, and rubbing alcohol

This mixture is similar to Golden Touch, which is reportedly what Marlo used. I heard Michael Close lecture last summer and that is what he uses. http://www.vitaherbexpress.com/en/chamberlain.htm

It has a strong fragrance, but it gives your hands enough tackiness without gumming up your cards or other props. The mix mentioned above as recommended by Gary Ouellet works nicely too, w/out the fragrance.
aqmagish20
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of aqmagish20
Aquaphor. Used primarily to keep babies skin soft. Works great on the hands. Can be foubd in the baby section of Dept. stores.
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
I use glycerine soap found at whole foods. I keep a bottle at home and at work. I never use soap during the day. There are also these neet little things that look like q-tips that have a special formula for cuticles if they are dried out and cracking. You crack the middle like a glo-stick and then rub the stuff on. If I am starting to get dry hands and follow the glycerine q-tip regime I can have great fingers withing a few days.
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
Where do you find glycerine?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Most drug stores or pharmacies have it. You might have to ask someone.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Hey sethb,
I just received a bottle of Golden Touch to try out. Works nice. PM me and I'll send you a bit to try for yourself.
Bob
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
Another dumb question, what is rose water
DonKnox
View Profile
New user
Oceanside, CA
33 Posts

Profile of DonKnox
For about the last year I have been trying the several potions and lotions that have been suggested here and on the Genii Forum. I found that Corn Huskers was about the best that I could find for my area. I live in the desert area outside of Palm Springs and the humidity here is about 11%(winter) to 38%(summer). I never have problems with sticky hands - coins slide off like on teflon and a double-lift would be easier if you coated your hands with fanning powder.

As I said,Corn Huskers was as good as I could get, but it was necessary to apply a little more frequently. I am not sure that it was on this board or Genii, but I saw someone refer to "O'Keefes Working Hands Creme". I saw a tube of it the last time I was on my Corn Huskers quest and bought a tube and have been using for about a month and I have practiced over the holidays with both cards and coins for about four hours and have had great adhesion throughout.

If you live in as dry a climate as I do, this is something to take a look at - and no scent!

Don
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Being diabetic, skin care is a matter of survival. My personal choice is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream.

To steal an old hair care phrase: "a little dab will do you." It's glycerin-based, available in fragrance-free and a two ounce tube will fit in your close-up kit without a problem.

Not the cheapest stuff out, but I prefer it to Cornhuskers® or Udder Cream®, both of which are also good products.

Makes doing an Erdnase color change a snap.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Care of hands? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL