The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Banner Advertisements » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
460 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

Untill today I was using Norton Anti Virus and Firewall (Symantec) software. I have seen the 'please visit our advertisers' but I have never seen any advertising on the site!

However having ditched Norton and changed my AV software, now I have logged into the site and there are the advertising banners. Norton was obviously stopping me see them.

I felt that you should know that I was having this problem as it may be that many other users with Norton AV software are missing out on the ads.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4982 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Keith, all you have to do is reset your security settings on Norton, and allow cookies from the Café. It's a trial and error process until you get the correct combination. I have the same Norton and AV sorftware and don't have any problems with it. At least not in this situation.
Where the magic begins
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
Yeah, we knew about that. Norton was simply doing exactly what it was designed to do. It wasn't their firewall or AV, but rather another program included in their "internet security" suite that was blocking the banners. I can't remember off-hand what it was called, but it was discussed before in the Tech Help forum.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
460 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello

I had reset Norton after reading the discussion on the technical forum so that I could see the little coffee cups etc., but it still did not show the banners.

I do a lot of graphics work on my computer and Norton kept poping up and scanning things and slowing the system down so today (just before I was due to resubscribe) I dumped Norton and went with a different AV. Since then my computer has speeded up and the graphics work is so much easier.

My concern over this has been that I have been considering advertising on 'The Magic Café', but did not want to do so if the banner may not be visible to a large percentage of the users.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4982 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Keith, I believe most users can view the banners. We haven't had complaints in this regard so I would say you would be safe in advertising.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Banner Advertisements » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL