The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Multiplying Bottles Routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cooldad1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of cooldad1
Okay it's unanimous! After reading several discussions on the Café' everyone agrees that Ken Brooke developed the best comedy routine using the Multiplying Bottles. Can anyone guide me to where I can buy a video or a book that either shows, explains or discusses his routine?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The line I like with this routine is "I only had one drink ---- from this one and this one and this one..."

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
marcofrezza
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of marcofrezza
Ken's Multiplying Bottle Routine can be found in his book "Ken Brooke, The Unique Years" His ENTIRE routine is explained there. Worth the price of admission. I got my copy about 15 years ago from Denny at Denny and Lee. Hope that helps cooldad1.

Best,

M
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
269 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
There's also a routine (but, I’ve been told, not quite the same one) in Ken Brooke’s “Multiplying Martini” booklet.

If you go to youtube, you can find performances by Lance Burton, Pete Biro, Denny, and many others which are more-or-less the Brooke routine.

In the Brook routine, the performer places one tube over the glass then starts to place the other tube over the bottle, but finds a second bottle was already inside the tube. That second bottle placed to one side. Later, the performer sets one tube to one side and works with just one tube. The glass changes into a bottle the bottle into a glass. But this requires an extra bottle. This is repeated several times.

But don’t just try to copy the routines from youtube. In the book he goes into some details, like the placement of the bottles, which you might miss if you just copy what you see on youtube.

Thom
marcofrezza
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of marcofrezza
Yeah Ken's Book is great, and goes into super detail as to the choreography of each and every bottle, down to the T. It's as far as I know the most detailed description of the routine in print.

Never heard of the Multiplying Martini Book Thom. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one. Thanks for the tip.

Best,

M
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
269 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
lochmann4522
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of lochmann4522
Romhany´s multiplying bottles is my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpHuklV-uk
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3164 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Here is my take on the Multiplying Bottles, it is the Ken Brooke routine, using Ken Brooke bottles:

Wx4usa
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Awesome Pop Haydn!
Mark Timon
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Pop Haydn is the best!!
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3164 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn

Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3164 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3164 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Multiplying Bottles Routine (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL