The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Final Say On ALL Self-Levitations.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
ZERO GRAVITY
Why, no angle problems, no having to bend over before you rise. You just float. Other levitations will allow you to rise higher than ZG, but they have other drawbacks and are not as clean.

Tony
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 00:48, chichi711 wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-20 15:54, Alex Linian wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-20 08:40, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-12-16 14:04, Alex Linian wrote:
David Blaine's

I think he uses 2 different ones. zero grav. and king or balducci.

No he doesn't.

David Blaine's is the most realistic. But I think Nothing can top Copperfield's flying. Of course, that's not really a levitation...

Blaine uses the Balducci. I can promise you that!

Actually, I'm not talking about method... the effect we get to see is a lot better than the balducci. And it looks better than both the icarus and criss angel which are pretty much other methods that try to achieve the same effect...

Since I don't care about methods for something that I won't be performing, I would say the best looking one is blaine's...But that's just my opinion...
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Oh you mean the one that he does when no real layman is watching. Yes that is a good levitation. But can't be used by anybody on this forum, because you wouldn't really be levitating you would be tied up to some wire rope and you would be getting lifted off the ground.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Here is How I rate each levetation I have tried by practicality and effectiveness of the illusion:

1.kings rising (Impromptu, angly, use of coat)
2.Fearsons box (I have done this to a full audience, you have to carry it around though)
3.balducci (Too many people know this, angly, good illusion)
5.zero gravity (I tried and failed to make the gimmick, can be done surrounded)
6.Elevator 1 (Didnt like bending over,couldnt carry with me, didn't look smooth)
7.Criss Angel Lev (Sorry to say but this is a sad levetation in my opinion, Looks good up to a chair but you are very restricted as far as angles. The gimmick will take a LOT of work. If you are going for a lev. similar to this, get Icarus.)

One that I would like to hear more about is the cross levetation. It seems I can never find info on that one here.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 12:11, chichi711 wrote:
Oh you mean the one that he does when no real layman is watching. Yes that is a good levitation. But can't be used by anybody on this forum, because you wouldn't really be levitating you would be tied up to some wire rope and you would be getting lifted off the ground.

Well You can't really levitate with any of the other methods either...

But I see what you mean...The topics was actually about methods with which you can replicate the Blaine Levitation...my fault...

but nothing so far can achieve that... even if Criss Angel used a different method, it was the same exact effect so I don't see why he would do it on his show.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I agree with mark out of all ive heard and seen since self levitaion became popular this is about how my list clocks out as well
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I agree with mark out of all ive heard and seen since self levitaion became popular this is about how my list clocks out as well
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bosque
I would like to second Mark's recommendation of Fearson's Box, a much overlooked yet truly effective levitation prop. You can dress the thing up to look like any number of cool objects... I've covered mine in bark and call it a "Shaman's Wonder Box". It's true that you need to carry it around, but as far as props go, it's not that heavy. Good to hear of someone else who likes this.

--- Steve Bosque
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I also really like Fearson's Levitation a lot.
Scattered Dream
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Scattered Dream
The last time I performed a levitation was 2 years ago(Balducci). Some people were talking about it recently and I was brought up in the conversation. Now there is a big hype of me being able to levitate. It was shocking to me because I thought everybody knew the secret, but these people that I showed two years ago still have no idea how it is done.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Basically there are many people on this earth that don't have a clue how any tricks are done and many more are being born and working their way up to becoming a spectator/audience member!

The few people that actually do log onto the net to find out the answers are persistant and deserve to find out the answers for that is how I started in magic myself. It's not like they are going around telling others about it and probably are performing the trick as we speak.

So I wouldn't worry about all the hype on people know a trick or two, just perform them as if it was the best trick you do and see the great reactions you get afterwards.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Hey Troller, how does one work his way up to be a spectator/audience member.

Jeff
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
First you have to be aware of a show that is going on in your neighbourhood. Then you have to either be invited, buy a ticket, or just show up at the show. Then you have to sit through the entire show to be able to learn what it is like to sit throughout an entire show. After a while it will become second nature and you will be able to do it without thinking.... "when is it going to end?"!

That is basically how one becomes a spectator / audience member. Some do not have the time or patience therefore they never become a spectator or audience member. And never see what is out there. Some do not have the interest to do so, while others do not have the opportunity or the funds to be able to afford a certain show.

I hope I answered your question jfkkraemer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Final Say On ALL Self-Levitations.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL