The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite Business Card Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
There are also a number of interesting business card effects in Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse to add to the list. If you have the bound volumes you'll find some cool items in each of the books. If you don't have the bound volumes... why don't you? There's so much great stuff in there! You can also perform Paul Harris' Stapled with business cards.
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
I used to have the Flash (J. Cornelius) on my chest, inside the shirt, and at the time to leave my business card I was asking to the people if I could take them a picture. So, I was drowing a small camera on the back of the B.C., and the amazement and the opened mouths of everybody was so great, that it was for a time the part that I loved more of my entire show...

Paolo Venturini
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
John Riggs's Business Card Business. I also like Jay Sankey's Memory Lapse.

Rick K
Self concept is destiny..
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
I kinda modified my own version based on inspiration from Hot Leads. I have no idea how Hot Leads works but my version uses flash paper and BP production. Simple... but its good enough.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On 2005-12-17 09:44, joseph wrote:
Out to Lunch, on the back of your business card.....

Daryl offers up a clever version using this principle, in The New York Symposium Book (Collection Five)...called "The Multi-Colored Pen". His entire patter is included, which he recomends tweaking to your own persona...which leads to lots of laughs tongue and cheek. Great for getting your business cards into the hands of future clients.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I enjoy Business Confidential by Marc Spelmann.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I only know the one where the buisness card visibly prints in your hand, but I will be getting hot leads soon.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I also like the one where the card prints in your hands. I use a variation I came up with though so I can show all cards blank before and after the effect. it really freaks poeple out. someone asked me which HP model I am Smile

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Greg Wilson had a great booklet that came with his business card wallet. Great ideas that use 'out-to-lunch'

Or do billet-reading with your business card. Richard Osterlind has tipped on one of his dvd's, Al Mann's great billet move, "the Azonic Force" ( On the dvd, he accidentally calls it "Acidus Plus" ) Easy to do and very useful.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 19:59, reese wrote:
Greg Wilson had a great booklet that came with his business card wallet. Great ideas that use 'out-to-lunch'

Or do billet-reading with your business card. Richard Osterlind has tipped on one of his dvd's, Al Mann's great billet move, "the Azonic Force" ( On the dvd, he accidentally calls it "Acidus Plus" ) Easy to do and very useful.

Reese,

Just a slight correction. The move is actually called "Acidus Novus" by Millard Longman. Millard has a new book about to be released. I recommend it highly!

Richard
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On 2006-01-11 23:17, Richard Osterlind wrote:

Reese,

Just a slight correction. The move is actually called "Acidus Novus" by Millard Longman. Millard has a new book about to be released. I recommend it highly!

Richard

Whoops!

Richard, that's one dvd set of yours I don't have (yet). Thanks for the correction. Don't know how I got the mistaken impression it was the Azonic Force.... Millard's "Acidus Novus" is a beautiful move too. I look forward to his new book.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Outside of using them for mentalism, color monte is my favorite thing to do with business cards. Two blank cards, one with a red sicker on it, the other with a blue sticker. I go through the routine as sold, but at the end say, "wrong, black, my name is Tony and I do magic." They keep the card.

Tony
vsha2
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of vsha2
Rob Giobbi's does a very magical printing sequence with business cards... its on hte 13th british close-up conference dvd. It is teh best I've seen
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
How about a "Card Warp" or "Twisting the Aces" w/ biz cards?
Al Schneider has a nice little routine here called "BIZ HOLE ROUTINE".
http://www.worldmagiccenter.com/index2.htm
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Does anyone here have the Business Card Bunnies by Dick Barry?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
The mentalism routine called: Any number routine - using a business card and a TT ink writer..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Evolve
pm me amd I'll send you a demo of dushecks bunny business card trick it is one of the best
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Vinny,
Can I get a demo of the bunnies too? I have heard about it as well and have not seen it done yet.... JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jpv send pm me your e mail address and ill make a demo for you
Steve Dusheck is a genius.......
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
When I do walkaround I cary at least 4 Steve Dusheck tricks in my pocket, because Steve originally invented all of his effects to perform himself, and as Vinny said "Steve is a genius".
my opinion
Al Angello

PS Hey Vinny send me that video too, I do two of his business card tricks, but that is one I havent seen yet.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite Business Card Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL