The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Message for Leventhal Ring trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I know that Lou Leventhal is a frequent visitor to this forum. Hey Lou, do you have any gospel presentations to go with your new "Ring In Raquetball" props?
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
844 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Ed,

Thanks for asking. No, I don't have any specific Gospel presentation for this trick. But whenever I do an effect where something appears where you normally wouldn't find it, I talk about the fact that God sends us where we normally might not go. Jesus went to the unlovely, the outcasts, the marginalized. Christians are to "show up" where people normally wouldn't expect to find us.

As Christians (and Christian ministers), we often go where there is already a lot of light. That's sort of like turning on a flashlight outside, in the middle of the noonday sun. Where do you hang lights? Where it is darkest!

Whenever using a trick like Ring in Racquetball, it is best to do the trick to completion. Then illustrate the points, referring back to the trick. Of course there are some tricks (like Andre Kole's 3 ball illusion) that you would share the message as you perform the effect.

If you were doing a "lost item found in an impossible location" as an evangelistic tool, you could talk about the fact that some people would expect a church to be the last place that they would be found. But Jesus came to change our misconceptions about God, about righteousness and walking with Him. It is not so much that we found Him, but that He found us.

Those are just a couple of ideas.

Give your wife and kids our love. We hope to see you when we'll be touring in Texas this summer.

Blessings & warm regards,
Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Message for Leventhal Ring trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL