The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Please forgive me, but I'd still like to see a short 8 second video of the switch being done. I'm on the edge!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Lunatik - don't buy it!
I've asked to be banned
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Lol, your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me!
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Lunatik, this is not the wallet you are looking for... Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I.....am.....getting......weaker......NOOOOO!!! Jedi will not have control over my mind!!! Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Things will come along in magic which have their own credibility built in without actually seeing them or a demo. The Internet has pretty much killed most of that between its deluge of demos and miles of threads guessing at this or guessing at that. To combat this many demos have become obscure trailers rather than legit demos.

All the above is why I still enjoy buying from a brick and mortar shop or at a convention where I can see and handle the item in question before purchasing. These are the advantages of being a good customer.

That being said, if the Serpent Wallet is kept to the limited number of 400 and sold at the price structure Docc has displayed on his website, then no demo will ever be needed. It will sell out quickly once the summer conventions kick in and this starts to get performed for other mentalists.

When it is gone, it is gone. We all don't need to have this. Many people have spoken up with praise for The Serpent Wallet. Those who trust these people will take the advice given. When it comes to limited issue items, there is a balancing act between missing out, and getting stuck with something which didn't live up to your expectations. For that reason I completely understand the urge to want to see The Serpent Wallet in action. When I purchased it I knew I was taking a chance. That bet was hedged by both the reduced promo pricing and the added booklet from Docc's vast offerings which was thrown in for free.

Here is the straight dope. If you want a way to casually perform "hands off" billet and associated moves, this is a tool which can deliver that. Its strength is in its casualness. Its stealth is in its casualness. Its value is in its casualness. If you don't do billet and associated type work in casual settings, this probably is not for you.

This is not Card To Wallet. The direction Card To Wallet has taken over the years is one of "challenge" with too much focus being placed on the wallet, making it a prop. The Serpent Wallet is handled casually and relaxed, and at its best is completely forgotten by your participants. It is an everyday rear pocket wallet with something special to make it do its thing.

For the performer of casual mentalism this is a wonderful new tool with utility which will grow exponentially as the supporting DVD and supplemental routines come out. I for one hope this is kept to its limited 400 count run as I think that will afford it the respect which it deserves purely on its merrits.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 22:02, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Just for Tony, guys...

Hmmm... Let's see, Tony... have you reached your 100 wallets quota this year? Smile

I am working on it Paolo!!!! Smile
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 22:14, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 21:02, Tony Razzano wrote:
If you practice , after a while it will look like you simply put the wallet into your left hand. That's it. The bill is out of sight for maybe half a second...maybe less. But it is a very smooth and innocent look.

So you can do the switch using one hand? Thanks.

Rick,
Sorry, I really didn't mean to imply that. You have the wallet in your right hand and casually put it into your left hand.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-04-25 00:46, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 22:14, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 21:02, Tony Razzano wrote:
If you practice , after a while it will look like you simply put the wallet into your left hand. That's it. The bill is out of sight for maybe half a second...maybe less. But it is a very smooth and innocent look.

So you can do the switch using one hand? Thanks.

can the wallet be turned over as well?

Not right away lunatik, but there is no reason to.
Best regards,
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Tony, can I use the wallet as flying carpet ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Is it possible to use the Serpent wallet when the shop are close ?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Maybe similar to the showdown wallet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Ov5Cg0X-o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0rHL2kfsQ&feature=related

Also, which e-books did you guys pick that you really enjoyed?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If after all the information you've been given - and its not enough...as I say, with all due respect - please don't buy it...

I don't know why I find it so frustrating but I do! haha
I've asked to be banned
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'm sorry that I'm frustrating everyone lol. I guess I like to see what I'm getting before clicking the purchase button.

What Tom Cutts says is true, it's a balancing act whether or not to get something without seeing it and trusting others opinions or just missing out on it not wanting to gamble that you've just wasted your money.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I reckon at least 80% of all purchases (or more) never get used and are a waste of money.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Lunatik--Guaranteed if you don't like it there'll be plenty of people who weren't quick enough to get in on the limited run who will take it off your hands. (Of course if it's in your pocket instead of your hands it probably means you won't be selling.)
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-04-25 12:49, parmenion wrote:
Tony, can I use the wallet as flying carpet ?

:) Smile Smile
Best regards,
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
"I've got more wallets than I need but not as many as I want."
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hey guys,

Mine hasn't arrived yet, hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home! But obviously I have the pdf and know a wee bit about it.

Could the plastic 'bit' inside be modified to work just like the Opus Diablo?

This really is a question to those that have the Serpent and the Diablo I guess!

I heard you were able to get the opus gimmicks somewhere, thought it might add another nice layer of deception.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
I placed my order 3 days ago, and Docc confirmed my order. I didn't receive the pdf. Is it something that I have the "right" to receive, or is it something reserved to a few selected people?
BTW, I PM'd Mr. Hilford, but still no reply...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL