The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Aircannon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Has anyone built or used a refillable air cannon.

Sorry but I do not want to know about the small single use one bottle system.

JA
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Is this what your looking for http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce......._cannons

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
Buy one of the many many existing cheep one-shot air cannons.....

Then go to a car boot sale / junk sale and buy an old soda-stream. Throw away everything but the cylinder attachment and valve; attach these to your cheep cannon instead of the single-shot cylinders. Buy Soda-Stream cylinders from your local supermarket et volia you have a KICK ASS air cannon that will do multiple shots and which you can control fairly accurately the speed / height of shot.

We've used this for several of our customers and had phenominal results.

Another option (if you want a big burst over the audiance) is to use balloon bursts. A single 12" balloon rigged in the roof above the audiance is effectively invisible but 2-3 of them will blitz a typical thatre audiance.
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
I might have one for sale if you are interested !
basically, I have 2 cannons - filled with compressed notrogen - each cannon is about the size of a soda can and hold 750 lbs of pressure. I also have 100' extension firing cables so you can mount them in the air for maximum effect -
All packed in a custom roadcase !
email me for details !
steven@stevenkline.com
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
I have built an air cannon and am willing to give the website that I got the plans on. my air cannon with a few modifications fires streamer about 30- 60 feet in the air. PM me for the website.
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Yes, I have built a very good air cannon based on a set of plans that Deke Rivers had on a website somewhere. It works really well, and the nice thing is that you pump it up with a regular bicycle pump, so you save A LOT of money not having to buy canisters all of the time. Best part is, it only cost me about $50 or $60 to make, which is about $100 bucks cheaper than if you went and bought a confetti cannon (which I also have and no longer use, incidentally).

It's hard to say how well it shoots confetti/streamers because it depends on the confetti/streamers... but I can say that I have been very happy, and that I once used it in a pressure demonstration and I launched a ping pong ball WELL over a 4 story building.

The only other potential problem that I could possibly see is that it is a little bit larger than a typical confetti cannon, but is by no means unmanageable (it's about 2 and a half feet long, as opposed to a regular confetti cannon which is only about a foot long or so).

If anyone wants more info, feel free to pm me (don't leave me a message here, I'm notoriously bad for forgetting which forums I've left messages in). Also, if anyone REALLY wants one, pm me. They're pretty easy to make and I obviously know where to get all of the materials, so if I'm not busy I'll make one for you for the cost of the materials and the shipping.
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
As an additional sidenote, I'm also trying to figure out a way to shoot of the aircannons remotely, so if anyone knows anything about building custom remotes, or salvaging old remotes, or anything like that, or has any other ideas I'd love to hear them. I would rather not use an option that is going to cost me a lot of money if possible, like I said the air cannon itself only cost me $50 or $60.

Thanks!
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
I used the same plans using the sprinkler valve. In order to fire an air cannon remotely is to use the sprinkler valve and hook it up to a wireless switch that can send the necessary charge to trigger the air-cannon. have not tried it just a theory.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
A good wireless detonator is to go to your local home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot) and buy a wireless doorbell. The switch is wireless and small and easy to conceal or mount wherever you want and the electronics in the reciever can be used to trigger a voltage spike to activate your device.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey Guys,

I built a remote control air cannon that uses compressed air to shoot streamers over the audiences heads. It is completely ingenious. I do not have any pics, but if you would like to PM me with any questions, I would be more than happy to help!

Thanks,

Evan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Aircannon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL