The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Haven't I seen you somewhere before? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
I've got two videos (Osterlind's Mind Mysteries; Daryl's Fooler's Doolers). The audience for whom the magic is being performed in these videos appear to be comprised of the same people.

Is this some kind of strange coincidence? Or do they use actors in these videos to pretend they're being amazed? That would be a drag.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Brother the people you speak of I believe are called the L&L gang. They are ALL In the video's I wanted t post this somewhere but did not know where to do so. But yeah the guy with glasses the brunette, the older couple in the back the loud Guy who laughs at all the jokes, there all in there. But I'm not sure if they are notified of when there is a shooting or not.
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
The guy that laughs at all the jokes...The one with the 70's/80's mustache. Man that's funny.

He's also in ALL the L&L demo videos. Cracking it up at anything.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
John is "THE MAN"

That dude has entertained me almost more than the magicians. He is dumbfoundedly amazed at everything. And he lets you know.
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
Quote:
On 2005-12-19 03:24, paisa23 wrote:
Brother the people you speak of I believe are called the L&L gang. They are ALL In the video's I wanted t post this somewhere but did not know where to do so. But yeah the guy with glasses the brunette, the older couple in the back the loud Guy who laughs at all the jokes, there all in there.

Okay, I get it now. Well, I'd feel better if I saw in these videos how the tricks go over with an audience that not "helping" the magician. But, oh well.

BTW, the brunette is hot. Oh, and come to think of it, so is the one in the magic videos ^_^

oh, and so's the one
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Quote:
On 2005-12-20 04:31, lane99 wrote:
Okay, I get it now. Well, I'd feel better if I saw in these videos how the tricks go over with an audience that not "helping" the magician. But, oh well.

Actually, no you don't "get it".

The audience is not there to help the magician.

Here is what happens:

The video taping vacility is in lake tahoe. The producers of the video have friends in other area's too.

everytime they get magicians together to film there is a big "party" at the filming location, and locals get invited to come along with friends of the producers.

And then they end up in an audience... those that react "big" are at the front, just like a pro would pick out "big reactors" to come up on stage, the people who react are just put there for them so they don't have to call people up on video.

So anyway, it just means that people like magic in the area keep coming back, since all the vids are filmed in lake tahoe.

So it isn't a conspiracy to get people helping a magician, its a group of people that enjoy magic coming back to see more because they live in the area or know the producers, and they come to a party at L&L's and watch magic.... how else would you like to do it?

I mean, hiring such a large audience isn't really feasible imho.

Would you have them ban everyone from coming back to watch magic after they've been on a video? Seems cruel to people who love magic imho....

Besides, you are watching the video to see the magician, not the audience...
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
Quote:
On 2005-12-20 04:39, Daegs wrote:
Besides, you are watching the video to see the magician, not the audience...

Daegs, I believe you didn't mean to tell me why "I" would be watching a video (although when I read you post, it comes across that way).

And the fact of the matter is I'm watching the video to see the magician AND the audience. And I've got a good reason to want to do so.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I didn't think a thread this friendly would ruffle some feathers.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
WOW is right.
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Me personally, I watch the L&L DVDs for Cassandra... What a honey. The magic taught on them ain't half bad either :o)
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Is cassandra with John???
Sometimes it seems that way....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Haven't I seen you somewhere before? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL