The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Healed and Sealed: How long can you... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Hi Chichi,

I hear what you're saying now...for a straight up strolling gig it would be a challenge to come up with the trick the second time and offer an explanation for it. I'm sure some sort of patter could be devised to make it work, and you could pre-set more than one prop, but I do hear what you're saying.

Cheers
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Sorry I should have been more clear from the get go. It was late and I was not thinking clear. Had I kept it short and sweet it would have saved us a lot of time.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Although I still what like to know what Paying gig JFK is using this effect in?
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Use your imagination chichi, it really shouldn't be that hard to come up with an idea of how to use it in a show. I agree walk around could and would pose some issues but none that couldn't be overcome. As far as using it in a paying gig, are you telling me you couldn't find a way to work it in, you don't need to do it for everyone. Use it like Bottle Twister, have the bartender in on it and supply the crushed can.
Last weekend I had someone in the audience tell me he heard of three effects I performed and wanted to see them. I never said no but I most certainly didn't perform them instead I went thru my set and the fellow came up to me after the show and stated how awesome he thought it was. Never mentioning the original effects, probably forgotten because of what he did see himself.

Jeff
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
You are awsome JFK I am proud of you. Just like I stated before. I wouldnt trust a bar tender with my effects. If it works for you that is fine. I was just stating my opinion. The way you are reacting you would think that I was personally attacking one of your family members. Calm down it will be okay.

P.S. I have no imagination. I lost that years ago.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
The original question had to do with "sitting time". Given the amazingly inexpensive nature of the props in this effect, there can be no better method of finding out than experimenting. Why trust other people's guesses when you can find out for yourself very easily?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Magnus Eisengrim

Regular user
Edmonton, Canada
190 Posts Posted: Dec 29, 2005 12:39pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why trust other people's guesses when you can find out for yourself very easily?

John

Yes that's what I tried to do. Lane asked so I tried to help and give advice for his original question. I didn't guessed John

Best

Las
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1169 Posts

Profile of APC
I just ordered the PDF, cant wait to read it!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Sorry Las. I was trying to answer Lane directly. I see that your answer is the same as mine, but more helpful.

Think I'll go uncrush a can now.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1169 Posts

Profile of APC
Im having lost of fun with this idea!
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
No chichi, you are the awesome one.

Jeff
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I try, but I wouldn't use the word "Awesome" to describe me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Healed and Sealed: How long can you... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL