The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is Hopping Halves worth buying? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2006-01-21 18:11, doublelift wrote:
I remimber the first time I saw it(HH)done with a Gaffed set. I still remimber it, that's worth something to me. Does the spectator know or care if its a pure or gaffed effect? Gaffed coins could be called a shortcut to a effect. If its done well and the performer and the spectator enjoy it then its worth it.

As far as the spectator is concerned... there's no such thing as a gaffed coin, right?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
I love the Hopping Half gaff. Though, I am in need of a new set. I was thinking about getting dollar size coins this time. I have a 3 coin routine I do using just the EP portion. It begins clean and it can end clean as well. And also, easy to do. So, now I have 2 routines to play with my HH. I haven't used my HH for the standard routine for a very long time. I might start doing it again when I can come up with a good patter line. And something tells me that later on, I will have more use for the HH too.

TJ
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9237 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, Rannie here on the Café has a nice version of HH...It's called "Not So Gaffless Hopping Halves." It's a real cutey-pie and different take on this effect. Nice little patter too. Good shoot from the Boss, aka The Manilla Enforcer. Heard he's got something special on Vinny's soon to be released, "La Famiglia" dvd too. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Don't know if this will fit the bill for a hopping halves routine for you. Totally impromptu with a kicker ending where the spectators coins appear on the performing surface in front of you where they were at the start of the trick.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......37&0
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks for the shout on my "Not So Gaffless Hopping Halves" Mb217 my friend!

Snowboard, PM Mb217 and if he still has the link of my Manila Lecture, he would share it with you!

Enjoy!

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1282 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Rannie,

MB kindly shared your Not So Gaffless routine with me, and I have to say I loved it. I'll need to look out for Vinny's DVD!
jdknight
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of jdknight
Snowboard, Dan Watkins DVD (Coinman Walking) has a great take that utilizes part of a HH type effect. Its really good, and has a different ending. Its basically two effects in one. They are called "double Take Transpo" and "Flash Hop" where you end the coin routine with a dollar bill. All you need is a CS, Cooper coin (eng penny), and a silver coin. Also, there are other effects that you can do with those gimmicks as well as some effects that will prompt you to save your money for other gimmicks. I really cannot remember, but I think his DVD is only about 30 dollars.

Darren.
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
I've only read the first post, so pardon me if this has been answered.

Definitely! The set is a good one, and go with Johnson's. Great coin effect.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2006-01-30 21:47, rutabaga wrote:
Rannie,

MB kindly shared your Not So Gaffless routine with me, and I have to say I loved it. I'll need to look out for Vinny's DVD!

Im glad you liked it! Have fun!
Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
If you want the best Hopping Halves coins in the world then buy a set from Todd Lassen. I just received mine today in the post (US$375!!!) but they are superb. The coins are a silver 1923 peace dollar and a copper English crown. Magnificent!! These I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 3:17am
Oh, and as a follow-up, I also have the half dollar variant and I personally believe that dollar size coins are much better to handle. The half dollars seem too small.
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Magicians need a "tool box" like any other mechanic. Hopping Half is just part of that.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1189 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Like other magicians in this forum ... I am sure that I am right when I say, "I wish I had never sold that particular item".
However - in retrospect, and in my defense; this item was unused for many years.

In short, Hopping Halves are a "must have" routine for any close up.
Becase it is squeaky clean in performance and finish .. A MUST HAVE!!!
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
For me, the value of the HH is the opportunity to tell a story about my drunken great uncle protected by Irish fairies in the family grave yard.

I love telling tall tales with a twist of magic Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Is Hopping Halves worth buying? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL