The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Quarter and soda can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
In criss angles trick I don't get good reactions. I havent done the trick a lot but I have done it to what I think is I good preformance and people just don't belive its possible. I guess its just my handling
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
It is all in your presentation most likely. To get your audience to believe you must first believe.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Its a very nice piece of magic, practice your presentation and you should most defenitely get great reactions. Practice practice practice

Jeff
h4xor
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of h4xor
Sodman12, did you mean quarter in soda can ?
yeah in order to make ppl believe we must first believe..
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I get what you are saying with the "first we must believe" stuff. But honestly believe in what? That we can trick people into thinking we slammed the quater through the bottom of a can and it did not make a hole?

I would say practice and just work on your presentation so that others might believe.
h4xor
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of h4xor
Haha..

yeah... dats also part of it..
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
When you believe in the magic you perform the others will believe in it. Even though you are just doing an effect and you know how it works, you need to make it look as if you believe that what you did really happend.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I understand what you are saying corey. The key statement is "you need to MAKE it look as if you believe that what you did really happend".
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
As mentioned, belive in the effect. Work on your handeling and make your own patter to go along with it.
There are many ways to perform this, be sure to use the handeling theat suits you the best.
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
skabootykat
View Profile
New user
jasper tn.
11 Posts

Profile of skabootykat
Don't know who I saw do it in a dvd, but I didn't like it when the guy put his mouth on the can when it fizzed over when he opened it,neither did some non-magician people saw it.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Guess you can,t make everyone happy.

Jeff
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Skabootykat, you probally saw the creator Wayne Houchin do it. He brings his mouth to the can to keep from making a big mess.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I think they, Wayne and Cris were in his managers office, carpeted flooring, I kind of hope he put his mouth over it, besides the obvious reason's he did it, nothing at all to do with the magic why would that bother you, simply don't do it. Its not rocket science.

Jeff
skabootykat
View Profile
New user
jasper tn.
11 Posts

Profile of skabootykat
Sorry to start an uprising against me. people with me watching the clip think he spit a signed folding quarter into the beer. sorry again, sherman nance
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Skabootykat, are these fellow magic enthusiasts or just friends. I'm thinking that maybe watching a dvd directed at teaching magic might not have been a great thing to show laymen, not to mention the fact that everyone sitting watching is seeing and learning without the cost of buying the dvd like the rest of us. I guess when you have the handling down you won't be showing that group, could be a tough crowd.

Jeff
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2005-12-26 21:42, skabootykat wrote:
Sorry to start an uprising against me. people with me watching the clip think he spit a signed folding quarter into the beer. sorry again, sherman nance

Well, it's a good thing they think that.....since it's not even close to how it's done!

A folding quarter? Huh? Why would a folding quarter be used considering a regular quarter would fit through the opening? Not to mention, how would you get away with a spec signing a folding quarter?

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
skabootykat
View Profile
New user
jasper tn.
11 Posts

Profile of skabootykat
No, it wasn't an instructional dvd. only the performing of the trick. this dvd had several tricks performed by different magicians. also the dvd was not mine to begin with. all people viewing were not magicians except me. a layman suggested out loud about the folding quarter spit into the beer. I don't want to be banished to the island of misfit imp bottles!!!!
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Watching the Demo with a lay person is not a bad idea, if you perform this you can ajust your own routine after listening to the feedbacks they give you.
But, come to think of it - if he knows what a folding quarter is, he probably knows more magic than most..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
This effect is not about how believable it is to make a quarter go through a can, I mean NO magic is about how realistic it is. can someone REALLY float off the ground? it is about performance and selling an audience. When they first see the quarter disapear they assume that you are going to tell them it is in the can. At this point it is a nice little effect, the quarter is gone and they think you will do some sort of switch or something and make the quarter fall into your hand or what have you. However when you open the can and they SEE IT IN TEH CAN, and then it gets dumped directly into thier hand... well it becomes a much greater trick. Suddenly how possible it is is meaningless and HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? becomes the relevent questions... it is VERY strong.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
In regards to the mouth on the can deal... you don't have to do that, it has nothing to do with the effect. If you are not getting good reactiuons you probably are not perfomring the effect well because this one really will freak poeple out when done properly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Quarter and soda can (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL