The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Probably "the" most stupid question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hi, I was just reading a reveiew from ellusionist for the Daniel Garcia project DVD's, and on the second DVD review it says for one of the effects it contains a PDF so that you can print off as many cards as you like, what does PDF stand for? (And I am guessing it is a joke)

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Daniel-......-DVD.htm
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Its for his Scattered effect on the second disc. Its a no card card trick that looks pretty cool but I havent tried it yet. PM me if you need some more info.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that has captured all the elements of a printed document as an electronic image that you can view, navigate, print, or forward to someone else. PDF files are created using Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Capture, or similar products. To view and use the files, you need the free Acrobat Reader, which you can easily download. Once you've downloaded the Reader, it will start automatically whenever you want to look at a PDF file.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok thanks
rosfrog
View Profile
New user
From UK, living in France
60 Posts

Profile of rosfrog
Just a side note from someone who worked in the translation industry for a long time - don't always expect a PDF to show on your screen exactly as it did on someone else's - particularly if there is text involved! PDF files need to be distilled for them to show correctly. This will of course be the case if you buy a commercial PDF, usually.

Rambling on! Sorry!
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
So do you really need to print something off for the effect?
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
I thought it was some kind of joke lol
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-12-23 19:13, rosfrog wrote:
Just a side note from someone who worked in the translation industry for a long time - don't always expect a PDF to show on your screen exactly as it did on someone else's - particularly if there is text involved! PDF files need to be distilled for them to show correctly. This will of course be the case if you buy a commercial PDF, usually.

Rambling on! Sorry!

Man, that's true! I'm putting the finishing touches on a project right now. I made the mistake of leaving out the step of converting to postscript and then distilling. The files looked very odd. I went back and did it correctly, and everything looked the way it should have. Some PDF's are more P than others!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Probably "the" most stupid question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL