The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routines for Jeff Stewart's Ring Thing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Dear all,
I just received Ring Thing in the mail, bought it after reading the threads on the various options available (ring flight, rinky dinky etc). Mumblepeas sold me on the advantages of getting a reel-less version. Other than the routine included in the package which requires a gimmicked hanky, anyone out there has some routines to share? Thanks!
In the mean time, trying to customise my ring thing, hardly usual for a canadian to be carrying around a keychain w/ the american flag.

:righton:
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I rarely use the handkerchief vanish when using my Ring Thing in fact I had forgotten that was one of the ways to perform it! Although, now that you have reminded me I think that I will revisit the method and use it for a short and to the point routine. Thanks for reminding me!

My ring flight/ring thing is used as the conclusion and kicker to a longer Ring on Stick routine. As simple retention vanish, and while all the heat is on my hand wrapped around the stick for the final and most impossible penetration I load the ring on the key ring. Remove the hand from pocket make a magic pass (wave it over the hand holding the stick) open the hand holding the stick and a car key falls to the table but no ring on stick. After some confusion, reach into pocket and pull out ring threaded on my key ring.

OK, that is only one of the routines and ideas that I have developed for a reel less ring to key ring. I do use and have developed (or adapted) several others.

In terms of adapting, I have also performed Mike Close’s version of Blooms ring flight (also a reel-less version) with only minor modifications in the handling. I don’t use the Bloom gimmick but do use the ring on string/Mercedes Benz gimmicked key a la’ Close.

Honestly you can vanish the ring by any method that you know and have it rediscovered on the key ring. Don’t limit your thinking. Play with it until you make it uniquely yours.

Don't give up on it yet!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Thank you Harry (tafkam). Nothing beats a good prompt in the right direction, the surprise appearance of a key is a good one, and it's getting me juiced up to put on my thinking cap for rountines.(once I get this exam out of the way and long overdue projects on track and whatnots, argh!)

:righton:
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Routines for Jeff Stewart's Ring Thing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL