The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Lance Burton's FISM Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Very Entertaining! Is his other act the one that also contains all the cigarette manipulation?

Jared
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Pretty stuff. Thanks for posting here for us.
The Doctor Knows.....
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
You're very welcome.... Smile

I also thank all the people who have seen the full-version of this act and have shared little details and input on what LB has done... Smile
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Seeing where Lance has come from and where he is now certainly shows he is an inspiration to many magicians and aspiring young magicians as well. His act is a thing of beauty and he spent the proper time to really create something unique and different. It shows such great passion and dedication to create an act that truly enlightens the artform of magic.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I was just watching his Tonight show act from when he was 22 with a couple of magicians. It is amazing watching Lance from back then. He would stare at the audience and never once look at his hands. It showed true skill in what he was doing. I read someone mention that earlier in this thread but it is almost weird, I am going to now practice my act blindfolded, (seriously)!!

DJ
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Tactile sensitivity in sleight of hand. Whoa!
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Haven't seen that act in years, forgot how clean it was. It was nice seeing a couple of Neil Foster's effects, especially, with Lances touches.

Thanks,
Kregg
POOF!
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
The video took me back to when I first saw him perform at the Hacienda in Vegas. I thnk tickets were $20 back then. I had the luck to be called up on stage. He is truly a professional; friendly and very polished.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Hi everyone!

I would like to ask what is that T&R paper trick that he uses in the finale of his video before he produce the last dove?

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Cardcaptor,

It's Neil Foster's center tear. You can still get it from Abbott's Magic!

DJ
Townsend1
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Lance's mentor was Harry Collins (Mr. Frito Lay). Harry encouraged Lance to wait until the act was the image of perfection. Even though Lance was anxious to show his skills, he waited as Harry advised. That was wise advice and led to the IBM Gold Medal, FISM, and the rest is history.
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I saw Lance’s first public show at the Motnte Carlo.. In fact, I believe I was the first paying customer to use the Lance Burton Theater’s restroom. I took the urinal cake with me for posterity.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
The man ignites the sparks in me... My first encounter with magic: I was a boy and I remember my dad taught me my math in front of the TV and then Lance Burton appeared on the show. It got both my and my dad's attention. That was 27 years ago (if I'm not mistaken). Now the math failed...I am already a professional magician (hypnotist & hypnotherapist) for 5 years and I keep going strong... It was like yesterday......
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6306 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Maybe the greatest magic act ever.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I've always thought highly of Lance Burton but here's someone who thinks he's quite a nuisance. Enjoy....really enjoy.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=62

Fortunately the topic is locked as I was just as fed up with the "opinion". He obviously felt strongly about his opinion and I think most strongly held opinions should be given some notice now and then. Just another opportunity to see how some may or may not think.
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Nice! Very, very nice. It's not the entire act, though...? I've seen the card sequence on one of his TV specials. He's really amazing...
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
Is Lance Burton's full manipulation act on his "Secrets of Magic" DVD?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Look what I found... The same act with some changes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVcyiw-kmqU
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Lance Burton's FISM Act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL