The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica favourite effect (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Just out of curiosity what is everyones favourite effect from Juan Tamariz great book about his memorized deck, mnemonica?
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I've just started doing All Of A Kind (Page 94) and I'm getting some really nice reactions. If you perform it exactly as described--the ending is unexpected--and people are really surprised. It has a magical feel to it--and because of the number of cards involved in the ending--it has a nice punch to it.

There are also some great effects contained in some of the footnotes!
stalakosa
View Profile
New user
Barcelona, Spain
25 Posts

Profile of stalakosa
Mnemonicosis of course... using a cellphone
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
I just have completed reading the part I of the book.

What impressed me and easy to do is the "All of A Kind"

"Super poker" is another magnifical of me.

I don't like much of the "Mnemonicosis", as Juan said the most powerful effect to laymen and magicians. I just can't acting.

Expecting someone else giving their opinion on the part II of the book

Snowboard
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
I Haven´t read the whole book yet but...

Super Poker is great!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
Marcus Taylor
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Marcus Taylor
I believe that Control In Chaos is one of the most memorable and astounding pieces of magic possible with a stacked deck. Presented properly and with the correct introduction this can become a true miracle
Magically Yours,

Marcus Taylor

marcus-magic@hotmail.com
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
I love to do Mnemicosis. It gets awesome reactions.

Cody
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Control in Chaos and A card at any number are part of my favourites at the moment.

Also Super Poker but need some preparation a bit fastiduous.
Smile Smile Smile
alakazam!
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of alakazam!
Control in Chaos is really nice. I also like "A Grand Bridge Deal" which is an incredible way to finish off a routine, after doing some of the effects using the Mnemonica stack and those which retain the order of the deck.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Mnemonicosis all the way.

Just a couple of nights ago I was doing it for magicians and all 3 hit directly with a cut...and left the deck with them... there is nothing you can say to that effect, its impossible.
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Maybe most of you agree if I say "any card at any number"....?
Deluzion
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
WoW I really gotta check out control in chaos, my favorite right now is any poker hand called for.
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Another vote for Mnemonicosis - I usually use it as the second or third effect after Any Card to Wallet, and maybe another impossible card location.

I also enjoy the three part Weighing the Cards section, and have been meaning for a long time to try the 4 way card prediction (with the slips of paper at the end of each of four rows of cards).

A word on Mnemonicosis: I have recently found that spelling to a card weakens the effect. I'd be interested to know what others think - I know there are card spellings integral to the Aronson stack, but even with these I feel a sense of anti-climax from spectators. I believe that most intelligent audience members know there is a degree of latitude when choosing to spell to a card which they find unmagical, or perhaps the idea itself is old-fashioned...

tim
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Hmmm...I was considering getting this book, but after reading these posts I've been put off.

From a book of over 100 routines, the same couple of names pop up when favorites are requested. So either those couple of effects are SO good they stand out from the rest of the book which is also good...or there are only a couple of good effects in such a huge wealth of material.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
It's all presentation... while normally I ask for number and count as written, if it falls just perfectly(i'm using Joyal too) then I'll spell but I don't think it detracts from the effect.... its all in the presentation.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Adam James I don't think you should get it at all I mean just think you'll have to spend all thoughs hours memorizing the stack and its a lot of hard work for only those one or two effects, its just not worth it at all

thanks

Adam
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 09:25, nostrings wrote:
Adam James I don't think you should get it at all I mean just think you'll have to spend all thoughs hours memorizing the stack and its a lot of hard work for only those one or two effects, its just not worth it at all

Erm...right.

My observation is that out of a 400+ page book, the same couple of effects are repeatedly spoken about. Out of that many pages, if there were plenty of good stuff in there, the answers would be more varied.

For the record, I have used the Joyal and Aronson stacks.
camador
View Profile
Regular user
Salamanca
170 Posts

Profile of camador
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 10:47, adamjames wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 09:25, nostrings wrote:

Erm...right.

My observation is that out of a 400+ page book, the same couple of effects are repeatedly spoken about. Out of that many pages, if there were plenty of good stuff in there, the answers would be more varied.

For the record, I have used the Joyal and Aronson stacks.

Hmmm... Adam, in the first 13 messages you have 10-11 routines that people have said (why do you say 2-3???). Furthermore, of course you'll hear that everybody say Mnemonicosis because everybody has heard that that was the trick Tamariz used to fry everyone with. You have to understand that it is a huge book and very few people take the time to go through it in detail but get some effect tittles on this board and check those effects up. The book is full of nice effects, nice variations and adaptations of other fantastic effects to be done with the stack (simplifying method and enhancing effect) but you'll have to go through the whole book to get most out of it. If you like memorised stacks you should own this book, otherwise you'll be missing out a lot!!!

Regards
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Quote:
On 2006-07-14 12:20, camador wrote:

You have to understand that it is a huge book and very few people take the time to go through it in detail but get some effect tittles on this board and check those effects up. The book is full of nice effects, nice variations and adaptations of other fantastic effects to be done with the stack (simplifying method and enhancing effect) but you'll have to go through the whole book to get most out of it. If you like memorised stacks you should own this book, otherwise you'll be missing out a lot!!!

OK...thanks for the sensible answer.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Don't miss it ! It's a terrible book. If you manage to learn the mem deck and control false shuffle and glimpses, you'll the get the BEST effects you can get with a deck of cards. Of course, Mnemonicosis, Control in Chaos oy Any card at any number are the most talked about because they are absolute killer wich are (quite) impossible to reach with a non mem deck.

You'll also find lot of adaptations that make classic tricks or plots much easier to practice or much stronger in their effects.

Tamariz is a master ! It's one of the best magic book I could have read !
Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica favourite effect (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL