The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self-Working Gambling Effects (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 13:19, Scott Kahn wrote:
As mentioned above, "The Power of Poker" from John Bannon's new book "Dear Mr. Fantasty" is POWERFUL. Alain Nu used the effect on his TLC special this past year.

--Scott Kahn, MD

I believe Chris Angel also used it on one of his T.V. shows.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Will Gordon you beat me to it. Stack Attack has some fairly simple gambling routines in it. That Red and Black Location effect can even be used as a memory routine.

Rick
Self concept is destiny..
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Marlo-Gardner poker deal.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
A cut to the Aces I made up. Have the four aces on top and a breather crimp on the bottom. Challenge the spectator to cut for high card. He cuts and completes the cut and shows his card. You cut to the breather, complete the cut and show one of the aces from the top. Repeat 3 more times.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
Nice work Ted! The breather really is a great control. Throw a couple of shuffles and cuts retaining the Aces in position and you'd have a good routine. Would be good to end with the spectator cutting to an Ace perhaps?
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Thanks for the comment. I finish with the Ace of Spades and just flick the deck with my finger flipping the breather and everything above it face up. The top face down card is the Ace of Spades.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
Great ending Ted! I've used the Finger Flicking method a few times under the guise of showing what a trained finger can do.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
How about Flipflop flush?
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Great source for someone like me who's awful with sleights. Thanks!

Anabelle
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Wow... how many model/actresses do you suppose there are out there who are also magician/mentalists?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Glenn Bishop's 'Milk Stack Poker Deal' is a great effect that is almost self-working and ends with a Royal Flush!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I also agree that "The Power of Poker" is a very strong effect and not difficult to do. This one should not be overlooked.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Tony Binarelli's "Class act" has an 18 Card Poker Deal called "Cincinatti Kid Poker Deal", that's on of my favourites!

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
The James File is loaded with some of the most unbelievable Poker routines ever, most of which date from the early part of the of the 30's & 40's, but are light years ahead of anything that has come out in the yast 10-15 years.......

Dave
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Guy Hollingworth has one which I perform. It's a full demo with stacking, bottoms and centres. Then the deck goes back into new deck order (this part's self working). Smile
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
John Bannon's new lecture notes, Six.Impossible.Things has a GREAT poker deal. Easy, great presentation and pretty much self working. Worth the $15 just for this effect.

it's called Riverboat Poker and it totally kills!
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Take some time out to try 'Up The Ante'....absolutely no sleights required and a genuine self-worker. PM me for a performance video (will be away from early tomorrow flying for a couple of days).

Spectator is handed a pack of cards and he can cut, deal and shuffle the deck before a series of wagers are placed....he retains the deck throughout the routine.

Hope that you take the time to take a look...

Martyn Smith
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Up the Ante is a strong effect.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2006-01-10 00:36, magickdabid--uk wrote:
The James File is loaded with some of the most unbelievable Poker routines ever, most of which date from the early part of the of the 30's & 40's, but are light years ahead of anything that has come out in the yast 10-15 years.......

Dave

I realize that Dave posted this eons ago, but, he is so very right about Stewart James. Looking for not only a self-working effect but practically a complete act? Look at James' "Ten Nights in a Card Room." I think you will be pleasantly surprised Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Robert//Livingston
View Profile
New user
Still learning after
97 Posts

Profile of Robert//Livingston
I think a great self-working poker effect that I use often is Alex Hayden's "Expose" followed by John Mendoza's "Routine Poker Mental" both found on Volume 2 of Doc Eason's "Bar Magic".
"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional."

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson after" - Vernon Sanders Law
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self-Working Gambling Effects (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL