The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The 3 Shell Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Can anyone recommend to me any shells better than Vernet? And does anyone know a good dvd to purchase for the routine?
Flo
View Profile
New user
Paris
50 Posts

Profile of Flo
the street shells from Whit Haydn http://www.chefanton.com/scoundrelsstore/shell_game.htm

La Maggiore shells from Andrew Pinard http://www.threeshellgame.com

Both come with the perfect "perfect peas"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Both shell sets are great.

Videos:
kohler's for the routine
SFS DVD for learning the moves, extra bits, history
Phill Cass video for the psychology

consider... you mix them up, and several people yell and point to different shells. in this scenario, you're going to get caught every time because all 3 shells are being pointed to. kohler teaches how to solve this problem. Plus, his routine is excellent.

consider...you have a wise-guy. or are interested in history, different moves and different ways to mix the shells. SFS is the best for that. A nice simple routine is included as well. Very well done DVD.

consider... you have a room full of people that have already watched you do this and now the big cheese and his wife come over. so many people have seen you by now that you want to do something mind blowing. The Phill Cass routine is the best for this. Entertaining an entire room full of people with the shells such that they are on the edge of their seat. Nothing difficult move-wise but Not for beginners.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
If you're looking for something different, have a look at Black Fox's scarab beetle shells: http://www.blackfoxtradingandmagic.com/magic.htm

These are also available from Whit Haydn & Chef Anton's store. Whit's SFS DVD is the best - the disc is loaded with extras.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I feel that the best shell routine is Frank Garcia's classic book All In A Nut Shell. He used three large walnut shells with a sponge pea and would entertain audiences at trade shows from one to one hundred.

If the audience is seated the right way the shells can entertain a room full of people.

Good luck!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
...and ask Glenn about his e-book. That's well worth getting too.
(is it still available on your website, Glenn?).

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thanks richard, yes it is a free download at my web site and in the s4s forum of Whit Hadyn.

Glenn
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you want an overview of shells, without any particular critical comments about any set, check out the shell game page at the cups and balls museum. The link is in my signature line.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have a set of the Scarabs, very nice and I recommend them if you want a different style. I've uses quite a few different sets, but only 2 really have handled well, the first set being from Karl Norman and the other from Whit, both of these are top notch sets of shells and the peas are perfect.

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you for telling me EVERYTHING guys. I needed your support. If you need a favor, PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » The 3 Shell Game (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL