The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Promoting yourself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
As a member of FCM and somewhat active in a local FCM http://www.neofcm.com that is planning a local promotion to possibly build our membership. I won't go into the specifics of it now. (Shadow is the Prez, and he may wish to tell about it.) I was wondering.......

This event, and some other things that sound like they might be good exposure, got me thinking about how other folks promote themselves. Do you advertise? Hand out fliers? Pass out business cards? Shout it from the roof tops?

What do you do to get new gigs? Is it any different for Christian magicians than the way the "other folks" do it?

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I don't advertise at all, since it's all charity, I would be booked every day of the year.

I saw something awhile back about printing flyers and inserting them in the bags of local party stores with a special from the store on the top half and your magic plug on the bottom.

Now I remember, It was in the booklet from Steve Varro called "Mind your own business"

I started collecting these little fold over booklets a couple months ago and have quite a little stack of them now. They run a couple bucks each so whenever I order, I get 1-5 of them, with different topics.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
My family (who I can say are a bunch of clowns without pulling your leg,) used to help run a day long Clown College For Kidz at our local art center, once a year.

It has always been a success even for advertising.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Promoting yourself (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL