The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Setting up the Folding Quarter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
porkribs
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of porkribs
A friend just gave me a folding quarter with no instructions. How does one get a new rubber band around the quarter? The quarter is so big and the rubber band is so small...

Thank you!
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Stretch the rubber band, not the quarter.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
porkribs
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of porkribs
The problem is that I can barely get one finger in the rubber band, much less two fingers to stretch it around the quarter and the quarter itself. And it seems like I'd need four hands to handle it properly - two to stretch the rubber band (which is INCREDIBLY tiny and only barely stretches to quarter size) and two to hold the halves of the quarters. Maybe it came with the wrong rubber bands? Or am I missing something here?
h4xor
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of h4xor
Isn't this trick is also called the haunted bill?
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
No it isn't, its also known as the bitten and restored coin/bite out coin etc. etc. The haunted bill is the self folding bill.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Use the first part as an anchor to stretch it then get it around the second and then use the third to anchor and stretch to completion. Boom done.
porkribs
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of porkribs
Got it working. Thank you!
Bardin
View Profile
New user
Jenison, Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of Bardin
I sometimes use long pointed tweezers (fat fingers ya know) to help fit it on and do what paisa23 explained to do.
Bardin
porkribs
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of porkribs
Also excellent advice, Bardin. Thank you!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I never had to replace rubber bands. still works very well.
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 07:44, Matt Malinas wrote:

You will...sooner or later, alas nothing lasts forever! Smile
<<<<KRaZy4kardz&koinz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2006-01-04 07:44, Matt Malinas wrote:

Is that a new coin? I find that Incredibly hard to believe. I know a lot of us that is the least of our problems. How many of you accidentally spent there Folding Coins?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I almost spent a folding quarter. This was one of the first times I was glad that it didn't have the "most invisible seam." I as soon as I noticed, I put it back in my pocket, but had I not noticed the seam I would have spent it without a second thought.

On a slightly unrelated note: Many years ago, I was practicing Scotch and Soda in my bathroom (Becuase it was the only mirror I had access to), and wouldn't you know it; my Centavo/half dollar went right in the toilet, too far to retrieve. I had no choice but to let it go. Smile

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
To put the band on the quarter I usually start with the middle of the quarter (you know what I mean without exposing.) PM me if you don't.
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I always put the rubber band on the middle piece of the quarter also. I found that older quarters tend to look better than the newer quarters.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2117 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I cannot believe I still have mine. I've had it for at least eight years, if not a little longer. That's the longest I've had any coin gimmick. I've probably had about 4 or 5 scotch and soda sets in the same time period, plus the ocassional other bit.

I rarely use the folding quarter though. Coin in Bottle just isn't for me, and I've never been a big fan of biting it and restoring it. Can someone change my mind for me?

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Bite Coin Plus

http://www.precisionmagic.com/images/quarter
Do you see the gimmicked coin?

Neither will your audience.

One of these coins is indeed gimmicked!

We did not edit this photo so you could get a perfect picture of our Proprietary Stealth Cut Technology. This state of the art technology forms a cut that is smaller and more precise than any other versions of this coin ever cut with a laser. Combine the finest coin ever made, along with the three sure fire, audience tested, tricks and you have one of the strongest close-up magic effects to hit the Magic Fraternity since the Sponge Balls. Wouldn’t you want the best gimmick available? This coin gets them every time. Thousands sold!

3 Coin Tricks In One!

Borrow a quarter from a spectator and perform any one of three miracles. It's the coin in the bottle. (A borrowed quarter is magically pushed into a coke bottle) It's a flipper coin. (three quarters are tossed in to your empty hand and one coin vanishes) It's even a biting coin. (Apparently take a bite out of the coin, teeth marks and all). Our favorite is to place three coins in the person's hand and make the coin disappear in front of their very eyes and in their hand! Simply the finest coin on the market. Includes one specially-machined quarter and instructions.

Our Price: $14.95
See if you can tell the difference

http://www.precisionmagic.com/index.htm
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks pretty good there DMann. No crease or fold to be seen. This is what I didn't like about the one for $6.95.
JOHNSHEIBAL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JOHNSHEIBAL
A person could find a lot of uses for a coin of that quality. coins accross etc...
monkeyguitar10
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of monkeyguitar10
Yes there are many uses of a folding coin, you can put it through a bottle, and bite it, and blow it back it is well worth your money
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Setting up the Folding Quarter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL