We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi ya guys (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Hi ya.

I've been out of the scene for about 12 years, got bored of magic because it was all getting so stale and stuck in the 50's
Well, was in the UK anyways.
Used to do street magic in and around Covent Garden in London before street magic was 'in' I did it just to get practise on 'live' audiences.
In my day it was all kids entertainers and close-up or Table Hopping.

Out of interest I looked up my old magic store online and saw they were still selling the same old tired routines we were doing 12 years ago.
I don't have the imagination to bring the old classics into the year 2000 so need the dealers to do it for me Smile

Then I cam across some american sites and saw some of the newer stuff coming out of USA, I was hooked again Smile

We used to meet up at the yearly IBM convention in London (not sure if they still do it??) In my day the 'names' were David Williamson, John Cornellias, that bloke who could make his fingers dissapear? Oh, and in the Uk we had Paul Daniels and The Great Suprendo, thou I hear Geoffrey is now just Geoffrey Durham and doing much the better for it.

I hate 'standard' magic with silks, canes, candles and a big simle, now I like tricks that can be done with everday objects like coins, mobile phones etc, no one these days carries a silk hanky in their pocket!!

I love gimmicks but only when the trick does not look gimmicky, I do a bit of slight of hand but again only if the move does not look suspicious or unnatural.

Well, that's about it from me, hope to speak soon and hopfully I can learn some new stuff as well as teach some old tactics Smile

Cheers

Love & Peace

Will Brady
teevtee
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Sounds like you would really enjoy some of the newer "street magic" effects such as sinful...

I tend to agree with you as well, magic for me is storngest when it is using "normal" objects, not magicy props... but that is just how I work, others require different things.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
326 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi ya guys (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL