The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy To Master Card Miracles Volume 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
I considered buying a really good card magic DVD, and I immediately thought of buying Ammar's ETMCM series. I wanted to start with volume 1, and the effects sound pretty good. The only routine I know from that volume is Red Hot Mama.
Can someone comment on the other effects, or briefly describe your thoughts about the DVD?
A reply would be appreciated.
All the best,

Michael
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1117 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Volume 1 is a great volume, although the rest are also good. Volume 1 has Triumph, Cannibal Cards, A Night at the Improv, Further Than That, Las Vegas Leaper, 8-card Brainwave, and more. Very powerful, engaging routines. 1, 2, and 3 have exceptional material. Actually if you do a search here on the Café, I think I recall a thread where someone has done a comparison of all the volumes or said which volumes are their favourites. A lot of discussion has gone on about these in the past. Whether or not it's the best volume, is up to you, but you can probably find a lot of discussion on the above routines owing to how commercial they are.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Volume 1 (Running time 1 hr 15 min)
8 CARD BRAINWAVE (Nick Trost)- 8 cards are shown, one is selected, that card has an oposite colored back from the rest of the packet. No Force.
RED HOT MAMA (Ryan/Everhart/Leech)- TWICE a selected card turns the oposite color.
ACROBATIC ACES- 4 selected cards turn into the aces.
THE SECRET TO A PERFECT ROYAL FLUSH- You "teach" the audience how to deal the winning hand at poker with a nice surprise ending.
TRIUMPH (Dai Vernon)- A selected card is lost in the deck. The deck is shuffled face up into face down. The deck straitens and the only reversed card it the selection.
FURTHER THAN THAT (Stewart James)- You find a selected card and more.
LAS VEGAS LEAPER (Paul Harris)-Cards travel from the deck to a removed packet.
CANNIBAL CARDS (Lin Searles)-3 cards vanish then reapear.
A NIGHT AT THE IMPROV (Eric Mead)- You "improv" a story with the deck.
BONUS: THE INSURANCE POLICY (Tommy Windsor)- You "fail" at finding the selected card but luckily your covered. Free prop included!

Michael Ammar is a great teacher and teaches some good effects on this DVD. Overal it's a good DVD! Overall: 9/10
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
All volume (except perhap vol8) from M Ammar are great. No doubt about it, you'll always find something interesting and very commercial.

:bikes: Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Do any of the tricks on this volume require a lot of setup?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1117 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Depends what you mean by a lot, and your specific concern over setups. Some require some setup or additional cards, but even those are minimal (except Night at the Improv, but it's the only one). Most of the effects in the entire series can be done with any deck. Really, do a search for the series, you will find all you need to know.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Volume 1, volume 2, and volume 4 are my favorites. Definitely a lot of good material in all of them, though.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
tigerman21345
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of tigerman21345
I love Red hot mama and 8 card brainwave , they are so cool and easy to do !
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
This dvd is great for starting out, but by this point everyone is doing the same tricks from it. 8 card brainwave and red hot mama.

Vol. 2 is good cause it has the ambitious card, 3 vernon tricks, and mcdonald's aces

vol. 3 has card stabs and the 2 the bnous effect is cool

and the rest are good too.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I will say, out of all his DVDs in this series, Volume 2 is the BEST!

The reason is simple, the tricks inside are all CLASSICS!
In love with magic!
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
I agree volume 2 is one of the best, with volume 3 coming in close.
SpareribsQ
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of SpareribsQ
My favorites are volume 2 ( Card Warp) and 4 ( Dunbury Aces ).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy To Master Card Miracles Volume 1 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL