We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Chain escape with Tel's Bells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I'm trying to create a routine with the chain escape and Tel's Bells (a bell that you can ring, but the volunteers can't). For example. I have the spectators put the chains on me, one spectator is the timer, the other gets ready to ring the bell. I tell them I have 10 seconds to escape. After 10 seconds I haven't escaped yet, but when the volunteer tries to ring the bell, it doesn't ring. So I take one of my hands out of the box, and ring the bell for him.
It's not he best routine, but it's a start. Any other ideas? I'm looking for something comical. Thanks much!
-Kevin
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Actually Dear Wise One,

I think that routine is hysterical. I would absolutly go with it. Play it for all it is worth. Have two volunteers, one on the bell and one on the chain. After one fails to ring the bell, give it to the other one. appear re-chained and ask for another ten seconds. of course, he can't do it either. The audience will eat it up. If either volunteer has a spouse or date in the audience, invite them up to help.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Cliff g37,
Great ideas! You've added some great things. I think this routine is hysterical too, I'll let you know how it turns out! Any other ideas?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The Taurus "don't ring the Bell" prop would make the routine into a riot. I have used this with the in out strap on many occassions especialy for the younger audience, its a killer when done tongue in cheek.

Ken.
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
I will agree also. I use the same kind of bell for an in/out routine and its quite funny. Good luck and have fun with your routine.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Sounds very entertaining. And that is your goal isn't it? It isn't to escape, but to be entertaining.
The Doctor Knows.....
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The main goal should always be entertainment. The material should always be secone.

This sounds like a great idea!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Chain escape with Tel's Bells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL