The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A hint for people from the UK who are advertising things on eBay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I visit eBay with greater frequency than I probably should. I regularly do searches for cups and particularly for Chop Cups.

This morning I saw something that indicated that some of our UK friends may be seriously out of touch with what things cost over here. In particular, it was a Morrissey chop cup, aluminum, with a starting bid of £ 18 and change. This is roughly $35 USD. The buy it now price was the equivalent of $42 USD.

Now here's the rub. The list price of this item is $24.00 CDN. That's just over $20 USD. Naturally, he has gotten no bids at all on the item. But I see another problem. With UK duties, he probably has to pay nearly retail for the item when he imports it.

He would be better off not listing the item on the US version of eBay.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I couldn´t agree with you more, Bill. I realize that things in the UK are very expensive and regretably that seems to translate to the magic market. I live in France and frankly rather than purchase something from the U.K. (which is only across the Channel) I prefer to buy it in the U.S., pay the postage and have it shipped to me over here. It makes more financial sense.

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's absolutely true. There are a few things that I can get only in the UK -- Sherwood cups, Gazzo Cups. They are expensive, but darn well worth it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A hint for people from the UK who are advertising things on eBay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL