The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » dual magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VIO
View Profile
New user
NJ, USA
14 Posts

Profile of VIO
My friend and I were thinking of doing a routine that involves each of us doing part of one trick or two tricks that are connected, like transposing two of the spectators cards between our pockets.
I'm really trying to develop the idea of doing card/coin magic that takes place between the two of us, I'm not sure if I'm explaning well enough, but what do you think? Has anyone famous or of note done this before?
Jason the Burger King
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
I seem to recall seeing a similar thread around here someplace. I was not able to locate it, but if you can find it, there may be some ideas for you there already. Good luck.

Paul M.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Tom Jones and Rachel Wild do (or did) a "battle of the magicians" routine, in which they battled it out doing connected effects.
The first time I saw this was at the SEAM convention a couple of years back; unfortunately, I was on the bill and backstage at the time so I only saw part of their act.
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
Richard Sanders and David Acer have a 2 magicians trick on their "Roadkillers" video that absolutely kills! The magicians each have a spectator pick a card, and replace it back in the deck. Then cards are shuffled, cut, etc... And with a snap their card jumps to the top. But unfortunately both magicians failed... oh Wait... The magicians switch places and they have the card of the opposite spectator. My friend and I perform it all the time, and we have even expanded it to involve 3 magicians.

My friend and I have also worked out other tricks that we can do together. We have a Kings-to-Aces trick that we do as a transposition. He wants to show everyone a trick with the Kings, and I want to show a trick with the Aces. So as he does a Kings-to-Aces trick, I do an Aces-to-Kings trick. The timing works really well and it seems like the cards I was using have jumped into his hands.

As of last night, we developed a jumping card effect in the process of doing a variation of Twisting the Aces, "Hamman Twist."

I'm always thinking of new ways to involve 2 magicians in a trick. As it happens, My best friend is also seriously into magic and we spend a lot of time together. Chances are that once or twice a day we perform a 2 magicians trick.

I'm definitely interested in talking about this topic more. Maybe we can hash out some ideas and come up with some really golden material.

-Jason
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
As Jason mentions, we do this kind of thing often. It's been requested several times here at college. (Insert big grin.) Think of it: twice the magic, twice the impossibility (when cards transpose). And of course, twice the dashing magicians. Smile

--Diavo
Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Penn and Teller do a two person cups and balls routine with transparent cups and manage to fool onlookers anyway. They've done it on TV so there's probably a tape somewhere.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Enigma3613
View Profile
New user
California
61 Posts

Profile of Enigma3613
If you could figure out a way to do it, I think it would be really cool if both of you could have a spectator from your side of the audience select a card and sign it. You could then cause the cards to teleport or jump from one pack to the other.

Something else that would be really cool is for one of you to do a torn and restored effect with a signed card and have it reappear completely restored in the other magician's deck across the room.
- Robert Doidge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » dual magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL