The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Magic Sub-Trunk & Palanquin/Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Does anyone know a good song I could use for a palanquin girl production? or metamophisis?

Thank you
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
A great resource I have found for music for magic is Opus1 Productions. They compose special CDs for magicians that feature music tracks specifically thought out for illusion shows/individual illusions. All of their CDs have tracks on them that would work great for either of those illusions. Their website is http://www.opus1productions.com
-Michael
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you baseball magic.... hey I saw an illusion that would be good for you. It's called the bat suspension kind of like the broom suspension but with a baseball bat.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Any one else have music suggestions?
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
It really all depends on what mood you are trying to set, and what story you are trying to tell. My assistant is a very talented dancer and we like to make everything interpretive. So we pick the music accordingly. But the first thing to do is to listen to all your own music and when you are doing so plan it out in your head and listen for ideas. I know it sounds weird but listen to the music and see if it dictates ideas and movement for you.

Jared
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
880 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Jared gives some excellent advice. Long ago I was "auditioning" music for the floating sphere, just listening to music I had in my collection already. I found something that I liked, but it was longer than I needed, but on further listening it suggested my levitating lady illusion as well. It ended up being "accidentally" perfect for a medley of both illusions.

It can work the other way as well. Many years ago I played Herr Drosselmeyer in The Nutcracker. I was assigned several movements of music, and it was my responsibility to conceptualize and perform illusions accordingly. I began by listening to the music over and over and over, and let the music suggest to me what might be happening to it. I came up with ideas for everything from a dancing hank into a dancing broom, to zombie, stack of boxes, dollhouse and others, all inspired by Tchaikowsky's music. I was very pleased that in a ballet production my magic was as well-received as the dancing was!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Does any one else have music suggestions?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Magic Sub-Trunk & Palanquin/Music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL